Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand the obsession with such games like rock band and guitar hero... oh well.

Madden comes up in 2 days, but I won't probably get it until next week. From everything I have heard and read, it is living up to the hype.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
I don't understand the obsession with such games like rock band and guitar hero... oh well.

Guitar Hero is awesome, its a lot of fun.. and its very addicting once you get good

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 09:00 AM)

they're a ton of fun.

You look like a tool playing it, but I kinda look like a tool all the time, so I'm ok with it.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 06:55 PM)
I try to get excited for Madden, I just don't. I'd play it for 2 weeks, and be done, its the same every year. Rainbow Six:Vegas still gets my playtime on the 360

Ditto with Madden. I don't understand the fascination anymore. I have owned 10-12 versions of Madden since the beginning, so it's not like I don't have the experience. The last 3-4 versions have added very little IMO. Hit stick, eh, quarterback vision, eh, individual audibles, eh. How about getting back to the basics? How about some new commentary that isn't from 1998? What about some upgraded graphics? Sure they add an animation here or there, but why can't they overhaul the system?

For a game that rarely changes year to year, it's amazing they've sold 60 million copies over the last 17 years.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
Madden 08 has been great so far, but I am still getting used to all the different Wii controls. The graphics are also the best of any Wii game I've played so far, destroying The Bigs and Mario Party 8.

I'm still figuring it out too since I didn't have Madden '07....

When I've got it figured out (next week probably) we'll have to play online...

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
i agree on the madden games...i just dont find them that fun...im a huge sports fan but i honestly find sports games to be rather lame and boring in general....MVP 05 being the exception

I love the NCAA football games, over the last few years I have dedicated alot of time playing those.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
I love the NCAA football games, over the last few years I have dedicated alot of time playing those.

I find the NCAA football games a lot more enjoyable than Madden. Ncaa 08 and MVP Baseball 05 get all my playing time these days.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
what parts of the Wii does Madden emcompass

You use the nunchuck and the Wii remote. It's a combination of the joystick, all the buttons, and "freemotion controls". You feel a whole lot more in control of the players than on the other systems.

GHC: I will be down at school starting next week so I should be able to get online then, but as of now I don't have Wi-Fi at home.

Edited by whitesoxin'