Official Squared Circle Thread

From Booker T website

Announcement

We want to begin by thanking the many wonderful WWE fans that we have had the privilege of entertaining over the last eight years. Sharmell and I have enjoyed the opportunity to put smiles on your faces night after night. We also want to thank everyone in the wrestling community for their support of our very own P.W.A. (Pro Wrestling Alliance). The dream of bringing professional wrestling back to my home town of Houston, Texas is coming to fruition, and we have you to thank for it.

I want to address something that has been on my mind for quite some time now in regards to my recent suspension from WWE. I want to state for the record that I was not taking any illegal substance, or anything outside of my physician's care, and that the suspension was unwarranted. However, rather than fight the suspension or publicly voice my discontent, I used this recent hiatus to rest, work with the P.W.A., and reflect on the direction of my career as a professional wrestler. I also, for the record, have never at any time ordered anything from "Signature Pharmacy". This allegation is upsetting, and the careless and slanderous reporting of this matter is currently being addressed by my legal counsel.

I would like to also address any possible rumors or misinformation regarding our release from WWE. I had been unhappy for quite some time with the direction that the Company was going in. In fact, I asked for my release back in July for that very reason. However, after further contemplation, I decided to continue on with WWE because of my passion for this industry and my desire to entertain the fans. Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent that my unhappiness with my work environment was beginning to take a great toll on other aspects of my life. I knew that it was time to make some extremely tough decisions. Therefore, in the interest of my mental, physical, and spiritual well being, I along with my wife, asked for our release from World Wrestling Entertainment for the second time within months. We were graciously granted our release and we have since amicably parted ways. While the business relationship between ourselves and the WWE has ended, we will continue to be involved in Professional Wrestling. We hope that our loyal fans will follow us as we make this transition.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts, and we will see you soon!

Booker T. and Sharmell

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Somebody PLEASE stop Vince Russo.

David Arquette Returning to Wrestling?

Date Added: October 16, 2007

Story By: Marc Middleton

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- TNA is in talks with former WCW World Champion and actor David Arquette about making his TNA debut. Apparently Arquette has contacted Johnny Fairplay to be his manager.

In other bad news, Booker and Sharmell's WWE release is official.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Is Marc Middleton a pen name for David Arquette? Love it.

btw, Batista & Melina WERE screwing around - that's why they moved MNM to Raw. They aren't anymore, supposedly she's still with Nitro. Have you read the book or are you summarizing what some crappy website recaps?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Is Marc Middleton a pen name for David Arquette? Love it.

btw, Batista & Melina WERE screwing around - that's why they moved MNM to Raw. They aren't anymore, supposedly she's still with Nitro. Have you read the book or are you summarizing what some crappy website recaps?

Supposedly there are exerts from the book online. Said they were just friends until they got divorced and than got physical and are friends. Who the hell would buy a book from Batista?

I just finished the Chris Jericho book. He has a way with words, similar to how Foley wrote his first two books. Funny stuff about how Goldberg thought Jericho was legit mocking him and Goldberg didn't even know they were in an angle. Jericho had every intention of putting Goldberg over and making him look good and was suppose to happen at World War 3 that year, but Goldberg was promised the PPV off and they dropped it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Highlight the text below if ya wanna know:

Kurt Angle is once again the TNA champion. Typical, stupid two-referee "double decision" followed by Cornette having to decide which decision stands. UGH. Nice "Tommy Rich Title Reign" they gave Sting this time...

Worth it, huh???

:bang

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
It's in my contract that I don't have to job if I don't want to.

thats bullsh**. Im talking to Critic and Los about this, you are going down at the next PPV my friend.

And you dont even have to buy a gold membership to Wrestling Observer for that scoop

.....when you think you're safe, Brian......you're NOT safe.....

.....you think you have friends?.....there's an old saying that goes a little something like this.....

.....heavy is the head that wears the crown, BROTHER.....

.....keep your head on a swivel, my friend.....but remember this.....

.....you'll NEVER......see it coming.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
TNA is brutal. Their belts mean nothing. My "Soxtalk World Heavyweight Championship" means more. :ph34r:

I read on a free site that you are supposedly dropping that belt to The Critic at the next Soxtalk PPV.. I Don't know how credible that is however

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Oh, THAT is some credible s*** right there!

;) :D

Do people on Soxtalk get to vote for the stipulation?

I will use my creative control to remain champion. I still remember making Shadows tap out in the Alex Shelly Special #2 at the last PPV.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
I read on a free site that you are supposedly dropping that belt to The Critic at the next Soxtalk PPV.. I Don't know how credible that is however

OMGZ!!!111!!!11 Critic is winning the belt!??!!?!?!?

markmarkmark

Someone needs to make a Soxtalk Belt now. This is a must

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
Do people on Soxtalk get to vote for the stipulation?

I will use my creative control to remain champion. I still remember making Shadows tap out in the Alex Shelly Special #2 at the last PPV.

Please, that was like the Montreal Screwjob part deux

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)
Please, that was like the Montreal Screwjob part deux

There was quite strange timing on that bell being rung. Almost as if someone behind the scenes had it rung. The messageboards were all over this for months

The Very Latest On Lex Luger - What We Know So Far

Partial Source: Dave Meltzer

Lawrence Pfohl (Lex Luger), 49, is listed in stable condition in the emergency care unit at Stanford University Hospital in Palo Alto, CA.

We're told there was a major scare in his hotel room in San Francisco. Luger was in town for the huge fanfest this weekend.

The hospital will not confirm anymore details for us. There are different reports this evening on whether he had a heart attack or a stroke.

More on this breaking story as we get it. I'm awaiting calls back from several people whom I contacted.

You know, MVP really grew on me. His heel qualities and sort of babyface turn really has shown me a much more developed character. Watching him walk out behind hardy tonite was pretty funny, all the crap he was talking

This is what Lords of Pain is reporting on Luger - I bolded the part that made me say "Yikes!":

sources: www.f4wonline.com, Wrestling Observer

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger (real name Larry Pfohl) is said to be in rough shape. Pfohl is currently in San Francisco for the WrestleFanfest convention.

According to a source closely associated with the Cow Palace convention this weekend in San Francisco, Larry Pfohl suffered a stroke in his hotel room this morning and currently has no feeling from the waist down.

We'll have more on this as it develops.