White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/04/07 (W)

max power

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this team may not have much of a chance of getting back into the playoff hunt but boy they sure could be quite the spoiler for some of these teams particularly the tigers and indians

They are capable of coming back. If they win tonight, they are 11 out. I leave tomorrow for an Alaskan cruise until August 14. The way I figure is that by the time I get back, they have to be 9 out. By September 1, they have to be 5 or 6 GB. Their schedule in September is @ Cleveland, @ Detroit, Minnesota, Cleveland, Anaheim, @ Kansas City, @ Minnesota, Kansas City, and Detroit. We could do it. As your name says, we JUSTgottaBELIEVE.

That's funny, cause about 5 minutes ago, you were saying this team still has a chance.

Yeah. So what does that have to do with it? If they continue to play like this, they do have a chance. If they play like they currently are, giving up runs with 2 outs and nobody on, then they don't.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
Yeah. So what does that have to do with it? If they continue to play like this, they do have a chance. If they play like they currently are, giving up runs with 2 outs and nobody on, then they don't.

The only chance they have is to fend off the Royals and maybe catch the Twins. Thats about it.

The only chance they have is to fend off the Royals and maybe catch the Twins. Thats about it.

I suppose that could be the reality of it, unofrtunately. If they could do what Cleveland did in 2005, except finish, that would be a miracle.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)

Play like they currently are? Their pitching now is worse than it's been all year. I'm still not even sure we want Dye to play well the rest of the year. If he does, it's really going to make it harder to sign him/offer arb.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
I suppose that could be the reality of it, unofrtunately. If they could do what Cleveland did in 2005, except finish, that would be a miracle.

How many teams did Cleveland have to jump in 05. They just got absolutely pummelled in a 3 game series with the Yanks. We win one game, and have a good start in another and we get silly, the fuse is lit crap. Its one thing to be optimistic, its another to have lost contact with reality.

We are talking about near 800 ball for the rest of the year to possibly win.

Play like they currently are? Their pitching now is worse than it's been all year. I'm still not even sure we want Dye to play well the rest of the year. If he does, it's really going to make it harder to sign him/offer arb.

Sure, their pitching is bad. But now that Jose is out of the rotation, and Garland's bump in the road is hopefully over, we could go back to normal. Obviously, never will we be back to 2005-esque, but I want to make a run, and not give up. If we end 6 or 7 out, that would be nice, and we'd know they didn't just quit on us. I don't expect them to make it into 1st, and go all the way, but to not give up would be a plus.

And I want Dye to hit like he has been if we are making a real shot at first. If not, then he should just stop trying. I want Sweeney in RF next year, anyways.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)

i think he means the fact that they have won 7 of the last 11

but they will have to play at a .750 clip starting today to take this division (that would give them 90 wins)

How many teams did Cleveland have to jump in 05. They just got absolutely pummelled in a 3 game series with the Yanks. We win one game, and have a good start in another and we get silly, the fuse is lit crap. Its one thing to be optimistic, its another to have lost contact with reality.

We are talking about near 800 ball for the rest of the year to possibly win.

Yeah, the more and more I think about it, the more and more I think it's near impossible. Sorry for the problems.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
Sure, their pitching is bad. But now that Jose is out of the rotation, and Garland's bump in the road is hopefully over, we could go back to normal. Obviously, never will we be back to 2005-esque, but I want to make a run, and not give up. If we end 6 or 7 out, that would be nice, and we'd know they didn't just quit on us. I don't expect them to make it into 1st, and go all the way, but to not give up would be a plus.

And I want Dye to hit like he has been if we are making a real shot at first. If not, then he should just stop trying. I want Sweeney in RF next year, anyways.

I think I disagree with every point you make, so I'll just leave it at that.