Torii Hunter

Allsox

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To southsideirish, You do care. I really didn't care because I knew better than what you were reporting. I don't believe anyone without a source. Your source is your brain which has come up with an opinion. You have implied multiple times in this thread and SSI has shown some evidence with that, that Hunter is a Sox and the dinner was cancelled last night and the deal is done without stating "I think". You have implied you are an inside source or have one, probably for some e-cred which in the world, means nothing. Seems to me, you wanted to bask in glory if Hunter did sign between "now" and Monday, but if he signed elsewhere, you would have hid. If he signed later than Monday, I'm going to guess you would've just lie to others and said "little details held up the announcement" or come up with something that is purely your opinion and try to spin it to make it fact.

Edited by nitetrain8601

To southsideirish, You do care. I really didn't care because I knew better than what you were reporting. I don't believe anyone without a source. Your source is your brain which has come up with an opinion. You have implied multiple times in this thread and SSI has shown some evidence with that, that Hunter is a Sox and the dinner was cancelled last night and the deal is done without stating "I think". You have implied you are an inside source or have one, probably for some e-cred which in the world, means nothing. Seems to me, you wanted to bask in glory if Hunter did sign between "now" and Monday, but if he signed elsewhere, you would have hid. If he signed later than Monday, I'm going to guess you would've just lie to others and said "little details held up the announcement" or come up with something that is purely your opinion and try to spin it to make it fact.

WOW!!!!! HA HA HA! You came up with this on your own? I am no source. I never claimed to be in my 3-4 years here. I have never hid. I don't have excuses. What a laugh. This is getting crazy. What a theory that was.

No, I don't care. I am not a message board hound like some of you 5-10 + thousand post guys. It is not my life as it is for some of you. I really don't care.

E-cred?!?!? HA HA!! I had to look that one up. This is getting hysterical.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
Totally. Completely. Agree.

We are all dumber for having read this nonsense. Why waste our time, your own time, the electricity required to run your computer so you could enter in these posts?

Why don't you just admit you wanted to look cool by posting something you merely were guessing on but wanted to make it look like you had some inside information? The timing of the news which stated Hunter did have dinner with Hicks and Daniels made you look like a jackass, and then you began backtracking from there, with this "it's just my opinion" nonsense.

Just to think logically for a minute, WHY would there not be an announcement already if there was ALREADY a deal completed? Because you are not stating that a deal WILL occur in the next 5 days, you are stating that a deal has ALREADY occurred. Can you please explain to us why the White Sox, Rangers, and Hunter himself would all be bs'ing everyone like this? Logically. Why?

We are all dumber for having read this nonsense. Why waste our time, your own time, the electricity required to run your computer so you could enter in these posts?

Why don't you just admit you wanted to look cool by posting something you merely were guessing on but wanted to make it look like you had some inside information? The timing of the news which stated Hunter did have dinner with Hicks and Daniels made you look like a jackass, and then you began backtracking from there, with this "it's just my opinion" nonsense.

Just to think logically for a minute, WHY would there not be an announcement already if there was ALREADY a deal completed? Because you are not stating that a deal WILL occur in the next 5 days, you are stating that a deal has ALREADY occurred. Can you please explain to us why the White Sox, Rangers, and Hunter himself would all be bs'ing everyone like this? Logically. Why?

Oh Christ. First - there is no backtracking. Find something where I said it is a fact and that I have inside knowledge or that I know someone. Please do that. No backtracking at all. It was always my opinion, which I stated at the beginning. I said I know this. Then I said I have a feeling. Then I said I have a feeling that I know. Go check it out - right from the beginning. Wow - issues.

You caught me trying to look cool on a message board again. This is the place I go to look cool. You are right. You are right again. I feel like such a jackass because Hunter, Hicks, and Daniels ate dinner last night. Damint, why did that have to happen? Why all the anger?

I can't explain it logically. Maybe it just is what it is and we will find out between tomorrow and Monday. That is pretty simple, right?

Please get this poster to stop attacking me personally and get him back on his meds. He needs some help.

Well it has been quite a while since we had a good fight here at Soxtalk. After all, the season was over in July. I am going to start a pool: Who will be first to make a personal attack?

Already did. Read above you. Jackass is a personal attack, no? Or can you call someone "like a jackass?" I am not sure how this actually works.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
Oh Christ. First - there is no backtracking. Find something where I said it is a fact and that I have inside knowledge or that I know someone. Please do that. No backtracking at all. It was always my opinion, which I stated at the beginning. I said I know this. Then I said I have a feeling. Then I said I have a feeling that I know. Go check it out - right from the beginning. Wow - issues.

You caught me trying to look cool on a message board again. This is the place I go to look cool. You are right. You are right again. I feel like such a jackass because Hunter, Hicks, and Daniels ate dinner last night. Damint, why did that have to happen? Why all the anger?

I can't explain it logically. Maybe it just is what it is and we will find out between tomorrow and Monday. That is pretty simple, right?

Please get this poster to stop attacking me personally and get him back on his meds. He needs some help.

Ok, well if you cannot explain it logically, please explain to us why we should all follow your gut feelings? Honestly, I have absolutely nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions on message boards. I would not come to one if not for my desire to read those opinions. However, the fact is, as many others have preceded me in stating, you presented your opinion as fact, rather than a well-argued opinion, and expected other posters to believe that. If that was not your intention, why the desire to share it with us?

I just ask why one would post something like that if not for one of the following reasons:

1) to get attention; or

2) to appear as though one knew something others did not.

So which was it?

And no, I was not calling you a jackass, but rather, characterizing the way you looked after your misleading post was blown up by the news that Hunter had enjoyed dinner with Hicks and Daniels.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 19, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
You can quote me on this. The deal is done. Torii Hunter is a Chicago White Sox. It will be announced between now and next Monday. There is no doubt about it.

I'm quoting you on this. You now have egg on your face.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
Already did. Read above you. Jackass is a personal attack, no? Or can you call someone "like a jackass?" I am not sure how this actually works.

I will leave that up to the mods to decide. Though I think your line "Please get this poster to stop attacking me personally and get him back on his meds. He needs some help." was hilarious.

Ok, well if you cannot explain it logically, please explain to us why we should all follow your gut feelings? Honestly, I have absolutely nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions on message boards. I would not come to one if not for my desire to read those opinions. However, the fact is, as many others have preceded me in stating, you presented your opinion as fact, rather than a well-argued opinion, and expected other posters to believe that. If that was not your intention, why the desire to share it with us?

I just ask why one would post something like that if not for one of the following reasons:

1) to get attention; or

2) to appear as though one knew something others did not.

So which was it?

And no, I was not calling you a jackass, but rather, characterizing the way you looked after your misleading post was blown up by the news that Hunter had enjoyed dinner with Hicks and Daniels.

First - I don't care if others believe it. I didn't try to get others to believe it. I told others to believe what they want. Possibly many others look into things way too much. Perhaps they shouldn't and they should just read what the post states. You can't really argue my opinion. It is either right or wrong and we will have to see about that.

Second - it is neither of those. perhaps those are the reasons why you post certain things, but it never enters my mind. Why do you desire to share anything on a message board?

Third - Characterizing the way someone looks is the same as calling someone that. Saying you look like an angry crazed nutcase that cares way too much about message board postings is the same thing as just saying it withouth the look like.

Fourth - my post is not blown up at all - yet. It will be blown up if Hunter doesn't sign between tomorrow and Monday.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)

Seriously. I wish I could have the 10 minutes I took to backtrack and read such a pointless argument back. I am substantially dumber. I am going to have to drop out of college because I've lost mass brain cells from it. I might as well have done opium my whole life--it'd be the same effect as reading this argument.

...Alright, a little dramatic. But christ, what a nonsensical argument.

I'll settle it. Torii Hunter is not a White Sox, yet. Stay tuned.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Seriously. I wish I could have the 10 minutes I took to backtrack and read such a pointless argument back. I am substantially dumber. I am going to have to drop out of college because I've lost mass brain cells from it. I might as well have done opium my whole life--it'd be the same effect as reading this argument.

:lolhitting

Bob, you make me miss chat. Seems like it has been two years.

A friend who works for the dodgers and was at the groundbreaking yesterday for the new complex in Glendale says it's going to be sweet!

He also "hinted" that the dodgers are very interested in one aaron rowand, which leaves me to wonder, are we going to get stuck overpaying for andruw jones after hunter signs with texas?

(at least i sourced it!)

Edited by The Ginger Kid

A friend who works for the dodgers and was at the groundbreaking yesterday for the new complex in Glendale says it's going to be sweet!

He also "hinted" that the dodgers are very interested in one aaron rowand, which leaves me to wonder, are we going to get stuck overpaying for andruw jones after hunter signs with texas?

(at least i sourced it!)

HA HA! Awesome!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
Don't believe everything you read. There was no dinner. All those quotes from the Texas people and from Torii are fake.

Texas Rangers, Hunter sit down again

Tom Hicks hosted free-agent centerfielder Torii Hunter for dinner Monday night. Hunter's agent, Larry Reynolds, joined Tom Hicks Jr., Alex Hicks, Texas Rangers general manager Jon Daniels and manager Ron Washington at Hicks' home. It was Hunter's second meeting with the club.

Daniels said it was a "good night" as everyone talked baseball and "continued to get a feel for each other." He didn't say whether the team offered Hunter a contract.

I'd really like an explanation why Hicks & Company would lie to their hometown newspaper about hosting a dinner that didn't happen. Does KW have photographs of Tom Hicks in a compromising situation?

:ph34r: It is all a conspiracy!

Please enlighten me.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
First - I don't care if others believe it. I didn't try to get others to believe it. I told others to believe what they want. Possibly many others look into things way too much. Perhaps they shouldn't and they should just read what the post states. You can't really argue my opinion. It is either right or wrong and we will have to see about that.

Second - it is neither of those. perhaps those are the reasons why you post certain things, but it never enters my mind. Why do you desire to share anything on a message board?

Third - Characterizing the way someone looks is the same as calling someone that. Saying you look like an angry crazed nutcase that cares way too much about message board postings is the same thing as just saying it withouth the look like.

Fourth - my post is not blown up at all - yet. It will be blown up if Hunter doesn't sign between tomorrow and Monday.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to fight with anyone...just curious as to why you would expend so much energy trying to fight back if you don't care.

And secondly, I'm not sure why anyone would post something on a public message board if not for the express purpose of sharing that thought. Insult me all you'd like- I really don't mind it. But honestly, from the standpoint of offering an analogy...do you go around speaking everything that is on your mind, or just those thoughts that you wish others to hear?

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)

I'd really like an explanation why Hicks & Company would lie to their hometown newspaper about hosting a dinner that didn't happen. Does KW have photographs of Tom Hicks in a compromising situation?

:ph34r: It is all a conspiracy!

Please enlighten me.

A friend of mine that once lived in Texas and caught a foul ball hit by Toriii Hunter told me that Hicks did not host dinner because they ordered take out and watched the romantic comedy Hicks got from Netflix.