6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

SoxPride56

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
his remastering of the line up that lead to that hot streak earlier in the year was genius.

I agree, and he's done a great job with the bullpen. He needs to realize that our starting pitching has been stressed so far this year, and he might need to watch out and try to limit their innings. I had zero problem with him pulling Danks yesterday, as Danks has struggled late in games.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Brian. He seemed to be doing well before he started aiming the ball outside like he was scared to death.

I'm saying the way he looks he wouldn't have had a quality start in Wrigley as you suggeted.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
The sad thing is the wasted opportunity we had earlier this year. We could of put up a lot more wins if our offense didnt suck. We would have a large cushion we could ride while we face the cubs. That and our one trick pony offense is going to be our deathfall this year. We are letting everyone back into the race, and we dont have the minors to pull off a trade to get anything.

I think the AL Central will be clustered no matter what. Simply put, we're not that much better than the other teams. For people to complain about our offense, then you have to think we were lucky as hell to have the pitching we did.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
I agree, and he's done a great job with the bullpen. He needs to realize that our starting pitching has been stressed so far this year, and he might need to watch out and try to limit their innings. I had zero problem with him pulling Danks yesterday, as Danks has struggled late in games.

had it been an AL game, I bet he would have pitched through the 8th. But, in the NL you have to do it differently.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
I think the AL Central will be clustered no matter what. Simply put, we're not that much better than the other teams. For people to complain about our offense, then you have to think we were lucky as hell to have the pitching we did.

But when you have 7 shutouts by the first week of June, when you only had 11 all of the 90 loss last year. Thats a lot of wasted opportunities to get more wins. When you have pitching like we have had, you need to capitolize on it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Leadoff double then nothing so far. My god.

Home run or nothing, the perfect portrayal of the 2008 Chicago White Sox.

This reminds me of a game last year where David Aaardsma just sucked it up and we lost big time after we had a lead.

Edited by chw42