The Dark Knight

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot get over the fact that I was completely engrossed in a movie for 2 hours and 40 minutes. From start to finish, the movie was just a complex puzzle that continued to evolve into an amazing story. The yin-yang relationship between Batman and Joker was brilliantly portrayed, and Harvey Dent woven into the story never seemed forced or out of place. Usually people pick out holes in plots and use it as a reason to dislike a movie, but any hole that was in this plot never became apparent to me.

The only problem I had with the movie, and it is totally small, is

that they killed Two-Face. He deserved more screentime in a later movie, his character never had time to develop into the cold-blooded killer that you see in the comics.

I loved when

the accountant tried to blackmail Lucious Fox. Morgan Freeman is a under-the-radar scene stealer in this movie

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
un-f***ing-believable.

Heath Ledger commanded the entire movie. So many things to talk about, but I cannot pick out just one.

That.

It was phenomenal. There were some un-expected plot holes, but the movie was well done on the whole.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 04:41 AM)
Terrible. Quite possibly the worst movie ever created. This includes Strange Wilderness. I had to remind myself it was Heath Ledger playing joker and not some retard with makeup on.

Iam gonna take note to NEVER take your advice for a movie.Heath Ledger gave one of the best bad guy performances I have ever seen.He was so good I found myself hoping he wouldnt die so there would be more scenes with him.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 04:41 AM)
Terrible. Quite possibly the worst movie ever created. This includes Strange Wilderness. I had to remind myself it was Heath Ledger playing joker and not some retard with makeup on.

Quit trying to stir up trouble

Wait a second.......carry on

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 05:41 AM)

Anyone who says something like that shouldn't have spent the $10+ to see it. You obviously weren't going to like it from the get-go (if you are being serious.)

Let me elaborate on why this film was incedible.

Despite a few glaring plot holes, every aspect of the film... whether it be the acting, directing, writing, or special effects, was spot on. I'm glad they went with really blowing stuff instead of CGI. Ledger's performance is breathtaking... he literally owns the screen the entire film.

That was the quickest 2.5 hours I've experienced in a film. I could have sat there for 5 more hours and completely enjoyed myself.

I will continue later.

That movie was absolutely amazing. Easily the best movie I've seen this year and one of the best I've ever seen. Ledger was brilliant as the joker, Bale was his usually stellar self and the movie kept me on the edge of the seat for the full 2hr's and 40 minutes and didn't feel like I was there for 2hr's and 40 minutes.

The only bad part of the movie was me squeeming in my seat trying to hold in my pee for the last hour or so of the movie.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 04:26 AM)
Were you more affected by it because you know that he's dead, though?

That's what I keep trying to figure out, I'd like to think that it was chills due to he was very good as a psychopath.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 07:15 AM)
Anyone who says something like that shouldn't have spent the $10+ to see it. You obviously weren't going to like it from the get-go (if you are being serious.)

The movie didn't have enough Latin acting prospects for him.