Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
If you missed the Iwamura pitch before the homer, then please just shut up about this, as that was one of the worst non-calls you'll see.

that.

Yeah, the offense is still to blame for leaving all of those runners on base, but Buckner has been absolutely terrible tonight.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
on tv too. Where are you getting your strikes and balls? The Umpire?

Im watching the damn game...and the curve to Swisher was a strike. If you have some extenstential view of it that gives you a better view than I then Id love to see it, but the pitch to Swisher was STRIKE 3...

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)
Getting into the postseason made me forget how terrible this team is. Could have easily won both games and what happens? LOL.

That's why it was so important to make it. Like you said, people forget how much this team sucked in September.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Im watching the damn game...and the curve to Swisher was a strike. If you have some extenstential view of it that gives you a better view than I then Id love to see it, but the pitch to Swisher was STRIKE 3...

...after ball 4 and ball 5 on the previous 2.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
...after ball 4 and ball 5 on the previous 2.

Sorry, I saw nothing wrong with any calls...in fact the 1-0 pitch that WAS called a ball was VERY CLOSE....it could have been called a strike. Swisher has to swing the damn bat in that situation.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
You can tell it's the Rays' year, like it was ours in 05. We are that year's Red Sox.

There are a ton of similarities, such as the Red Sox having to start a terrible Clement against us in game 1.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
looks like were going to have to win 3 in a row again. yikes!i just hope we dont get swept. getting swept in the playoffs sucks ass.

And you know what...I believe they can...While this team irks me and they piss me off, Im not bailng yet. We have 2 home games w/ Danks and Floyd. If Danks can get us the W then momentum may be back with us...I think the Rays end it in 4 or we take it in 5.