Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think every game we've started against a pitcher with a 6+ ERA this year, we've lost.

Is that correct?

Off the top of my head, Harrison (2X), Pavano, Adam Eaton, R.A. Dickey (not 100% sure he was above 6) and Brandon McCarthy.

Bergesen was making his debut.

Of the "good" starters, we've lost to Galarraga, Tallet has pitched very well this year but was kind of a journeyman reliever before, Halladay, Greinke (2X) and Padilla.

By this new rule of the Sox offense, we will lose to Sowers for sure.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
I thought Richard was pitching Wednesday?

He was scheduled to pitch Wednesday but Ozzie decided to pitch Buehrle Wednesday giving him 5 days rest for some reason.

Come on Clayton win it for us tonight.

Edited by Baines3

I think it was wise to pitch Buerhle on Wednesday as he will face Cliff Lee. Mark is bette suited for the close game as Richard might give up a few runs by the 5th or 6th inning. I hope Clayton can shine tonight.

Interesting thing I noted from some Sox reports and that is the fact our W-L record is about the same as it was last year at this time. We just need to start firing on all cylinders soon and get things turned around.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
I think it was wise to pitch Buerhle on Wednesday as he will face Cliff Lee. Mark is bette suited for the close game as Richard might give up a few runs by the 5th or 6th inning. I hope Clayton can shine tonight.

Interesting thing I noted from some Sox reports and that is the fact our W-L record is about the same as it was last year at this time. We just need to start firing on all cylinders soon and get things turned around.

This is what I don't like, but I still think we will get it together.

Through the same amount of games played

RS RA

146 121 2008

129 150 2009

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
It's like every game, we find a way to make the #8/9 hitters look worse on paper.

At least the number 2 hitter has ability. Why can't A.J. play today? He was off last Tuesday and Sunday and is off Thursday.

Corky Miller sucks. He makes Colon look fit.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
At least the number 2 hitter has ability. Why can't A.J. play today? He was off last Tuesday and Sunday and is off Thursday.

My guess is richard feels more comfortable with miller rather than pierzynski.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)

Cause they play again tomorrow morning. I agree though, with him swinging the bat well and the team struggling, I'm sure he could manage to play tonight and then tomorrow.