GameThread: Tigers (33-26) v. White Sox (27-33) 1:05 WGN

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
But what if you feel that they really should be traded for the benefit of the organization, no matter what happens on the field? Last Saturday, Jenks was throwing 91 mph against the Indians, and the same things were being said. I agree with your general point though.

In KC he was hitting 97. He's an elite closer, you trade him only if you are in White Flag mode, which i dont think is coming. We need to keep Bobby for at least 2 more seasons.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
I literally sat there and said to my TV, first pitch slider gets him here Bobby. Sure enough he was in swing mode and anything other than a fastball probably gets a ground ball.

I kid you not...the scouting report on Granderson when I faced him in high school was to not throw him first pitch fastballs. We'd always just throw get-me-over curves to get ahead in the count.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
In KC he was hitting 97. He's an elite closer, you trade him only if you are in White Flag mode, which i dont think is coming. We need to keep Bobby for at least 2 more seasons.

Personally, I'm in the boat of trading Jenks for a huge package, and making Thornton your closer. Also, I don't trust that gun in KC, as they had Dotel at 96 and he's been around 91 all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
I kid you not...the scouting report on Granderson when I faced him in high school was to not throw him first pitch fastballs. We'd always just throw get-me-over curves to get ahead in the count.

He was sitting on the bench and said to Thomas, I told you I was going to hit the fastball.

I honestly have no idea who called that pitch, but it was stupid. Little slider to him and he beats it to Fields.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Personally, I'm in the boat of trading Jenks for a huge package, and making Thornton your closer. Also, I don't trust that gun in KC, as they had Dotel at 96 and he's been around 91 all year.

I'm all for trading Jenks, but I would NOT make Thornton the closer. He's doing just fine where he is.

should have let raburn catch it....there 0 way from that angle with the tarp right in front of him that he throws brian out....especially if he's leaning into the stands the way he was

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
should have let raburn catch it....there 0 way from that angle with the tarp right in front of him that he throws brian out....especially if he's leaning into the stands the way he was

is he allowed to tagg on that?