SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:11 AM)
Keep in mind that we would only get 1 full season out of Halladay...

Then we'd have to outbid the RedSox and Yankees to keep him.

It just makes no sense for the Sox to trade for Halladay especially with the offensive departures we're likely to have after this year.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
Where were some of those pitches? Jeez...

^^^^^

Could be a long night if the ump isn't calling those.

Looks like it took Danks out of his rhythm too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
It just makes no sense for the Sox to trade for Halladay especially with the offensive departures we're likely to have after this year.

But isn't it equally feasible they would offer Dye a one or two year contract, not offer arbitration to Thome and work out something with Jimmy on the side to bring him back April 1st...? With Thome's salary number sitting where it's at, you obviously can't even offer him a 20% paycut, but what other teams would fit the bill in terms of location/proximity, comfort level with teammates and manager, and need a DH and be a competitive club that could potentially make it to the playoffs or World Series?

Yankees, Red Sox, TB, Detroit, Minnesota, Texas or the Angels? Does anyone see Thome playing in DET or Minnesota? Seriously?

Edited by caulfield12

Has the "we just dont do well here" talk begun yet from Hawk, or before the game, with any of the players?

If I hear this s*** beginning, I'm not even going to watch the series. The entire defeatist attitude I've heard from Hawk/DJ and team has been embarrassing when playing in Minnneapolis. I hope it has ended.