Suburban Restaurants

greasywheels121

I know we should have no problem filling up a thread of this nature at ST.

The parents are coming up for Thanksgiving weekend, and we're having dinner somewhere on Black Friday. We ate at Wildfire in Schaumburg last year; that was pretty solid. However, I don't want to do the same place again.

Fine folks of ST, I'm looking for your favs/suggestions for dinner options in the area.

:bringit

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 08:14 AM)
I know we should have no problem filling up a thread of this nature at ST.

The parents are coming up for Thanksgiving weekend, and we're having dinner somewhere on Black Friday. We ate at Wildfire in Schaumburg last year; that was pretty solid. However, I don't want to do the same place again.

Fine folks of ST, I'm looking for your favs/suggestions for dinner options in the area.

:bringit

There are a few places near Schaumburg that you could go. RAM steakhouse, Weber Grill, there is a Italian place on Meacham I think is called Rose Italian Eatery(near Meacham and 72/Higgins). You could also head out to the new South Barrington Arboretum(Higgins and 59), and they have a Ruths Chris Steakhouse, Coopers Hawk Winery and Steakhouse, and then across 59 near 90 there are a few more restaurants like Claim Jumper.

QUOTE (Heartattack19 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I would recoomend Tehas de Brazil in Woodfield. I think it was reasonably priced for a place that is like Fogo de Chao....but then again, i drank a little too much wine that may have clouded my judgement!

All I remember from this awesome place is meat wrapped in meat. ( steak wrapped in bacon ). Lots of good food and good drink.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
There are a few places near Schaumburg that you could go. RAM steakhouse, Weber Grill, there is a Italian place on Meacham I think is called Rose Italian Eatery(near Meacham and 72/Higgins). You could also head out to the new South Barrington Arboretum(Higgins and 59), and they have a Ruths Chris Steakhouse, Coopers Hawk Winery and Steakhouse, and then across 59 near 90 there are a few more restaurants like Claim Jumper.

Thats Rosebud I believe (and if not they have a few locations around and I really recommend them), fantastic Italian food in a bit more of a formal setting and its a bit more in terms of money, but servings are huge and delicious.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)
I recommend this place called Buca's. They serve communal food, which ought to be plenty for a party of 4. It's mainly italian style, too.

I'm only familiar with the location in Orland Park, tho, but I think there's another location somewhere.

It's in Wheeling. I've thought about going there and heard good things, but the communal food was usually a deterrent.

I'm pretty anti-chain when it comes to restaurants; not because I'm any kind of a food snob, but because I rarely get out to eat anymore and when I do, I like to discover something "new." I also like to support small, independent businesses whenever possible.

Nevertheless, I do enjoy the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, all of which kind of started as very different, fairly reasonably-priced, local spots. The "Mia Francesca" family of restaurants are similar, in that they are an extension of a small, Chicago original. I've never had a bad experience at any of those.

I think most mall-based, chain restaurants will be packed on Black Friday. I'd look for a place a little off the beaten path on Metromix where you can be sure to get a reservation that has a better chance of being honored on time.