Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Well yeah, but Balta called it a correction, so I thought he meant that King had said something incorrectly. He was just asking a question, and I thought he was talking about consecutive batters on the same team anyway.

Peter King is a fool.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Soxtalkers,

Didn't catch the Fantasy Football wave early enough this year. Just wanted to invite any of you last minuters (like myself) to join one of my public leagues.

It's free and just for fun. 16 teams, 3 round playoffs, +2 for home field advantage.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=716450

Draft is tomorrow @ 8:00 PM CT.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
Peter King is a fool.

This is the absolute truth. Either way, I do wonder if any pitcher has ever retired 41 straight batters from the same team, but whatever.

What I originally came here to post was that Sidney Rice just had hip surgery and is out for at least half the season. Percy Harvin is basically a game-time decision for the rest of his career with migraines, so that leaves Brett with Berrian & Greg Lewis as his top two receivers and who knows after that. He has survived with worse, but that definitely weakens the Vikings a bunch with a tough schedule.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
What I originally came here to post was that Sidney Rice just had hip surgery and is out for at least half the season. Percy Harvin is basically a game-time decision for the rest of his career with migraines, so that leaves Brett with Berrian & Greg Lewis as his top two receivers and who knows after that. He has survived with worse, but that definitely weakens the Vikings a bunch with a tough schedule.

That's a team that could be posed for a major dropoff this season. Tough year last year, lots and lots of locker room issues.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
That's a team that could be posed for a major dropoff this season. Tough year last year, lots and lots of locker room issues.

Agreed. We can't really expect Brett to perform at the level he did last season, especially with his top two receiving targets likely out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
Whoever got signed as a coach...you'd sour on them in 3 years.

Nah, I dont sour on coaches that quickly. I still like Lovie, but I really like Rex's attitude and how vocal he is with the players. I will say I really dislike his coaching staff other than his Special Teams guy.

Bears fans are making a lot of noise lately about why the Bears didn't sign Singletary. He wasn't really a HC candidate in 2004, and it makes no sense to expect the Bears would've fired Lovie (or not extended him immediately after the Super Bowl when his stock was never higher) to hire SF's brand new DC.

I considered Singletary a HC candidate in 2004.

Just because the Bears didnt, doesnt mean that I didnt. There may even be posts from 2004 on this board where I say it makes no sense to hire Lovie over Singletary and that id prefer a Ryan disciple to a Tampa 2 disciple.

He may or may not have been a HC candidate in 2004 (from the perspective of NFL teams, since the Bears weren't the only one) but all this sudden criticism from the fanbase is silly, 6 years after the fact, after they've made the playoffs twice and one of those was a Super Bowl appearance when most of the ones saying this (not necessarily you Badger) were on Lovie's nuts.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
He may or may not have been a HC candidate in 2004 (from the perspective of NFL teams, since the Bears weren't the only one) but all this sudden criticism from the fanbase is silly, 6 years after the fact, after they've made the playoffs twice and one of those was a Super Bowl appearance when most of the ones saying this (not necessarily you Badger) were on Lovie's nuts.

I'd rather not have Singletary or Lovie.

Bill Cowher please.

Out of curiosity, what about Mike Singletary indicates that he is a competent HC? I guess I don't see it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
I think Aaron Rodgers is ready for the season, unfortunately.

I'm psyched about the Packer offense, line came around towards end of last year and Bulaga has been a real nice addition so far.

:)

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
I'm psyched about the Packer offense, line came around towards end of last year and Bulaga has been a real nice addition so far.

:)

For a while last year I was wondering who was in more danger of going to the IR, Rodgers or Cutler.