Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe this has something to do with Brett's retirement?

Uh-oh

http://deadspin.com/5603792/hilariously-gr...to-surface-soon

PS, when the texts/pics/calls started... [Redacted] asked Peter King about the phone number.. and King said he didn't have that number for him. So this is a completely separate bat phone that no one including his best friends knows about. He'd ask me to send him video again.. or some s*** every once in a while.. like I "did before'.. (and I never did) which means, this scum bag prolly was doing this to multiple women...

I don't want to get famous for this.. or have anything to do with this.. but.. I hate the fact that every one loves on this guy when I can't even stand to watch his wranglers commercials.

He's a pro.

To make this even more interesting — the person on the receiving end of Favre's clumsy overtures is someone you're probably familiar with as well.

But be patient. We've been patient, so you must be, too. This person's story could do wonders for keeping Favre's name out of our football conversation for the next three months. Let's just say this — you'll never be able to think of Brett Favre without thinking about Crocs.

Brett and his Crocs

But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs

Daluerio has absolutely no integrity at all, I remember why I don't read that site anymore now. Certainly Jenn Sterger deserves some blame too for telling somebody like that a story she didn't want to get out there though. Have to be more careful with who you trust.

However, with all of that said, it's a pretty funny story.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Daluerio has absolutely no integrity at all, I remember why I don't read that site anymore now. Certainly Jenn Sterger deserves some blame too for telling somebody like that a story she didn't want to get out there though. Have to be more careful with who you trust.

However, with all of that said, it's a pretty funny story.

By saying he has not integrity are you saying it's a false story. or just that it's a POS article?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
By saying he has not integrity are you saying it's a false story. or just that it's a POS article?

Well the way I read it, he basically was told a story off the record, agreed to sit on it for a while, then just decided he didn't want to sit on it anymore because Favre is in the news right now, so he let it out. Unless I misread the article, it didn't seem like Sterger wanted that story out there, yet he just let it fly anyways, which is pretty rough. Like I said, Sterger deserves blame too for trusting somebody she shouldn't have, but that's pretty shoddy on Daluerio's part just deciding eff it, time to release this story. And the timing of it really makes him look like an attention whore (although I'm sure he's just trying to get more hits for his site).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Well the way I read it, he basically was told a story off the record, agreed to sit on it for a while, then just decided he didn't want to sit on it anymore because Favre is in the news right now, so he let it out. Unless I misread the article, it didn't seem like Sterger wanted that story out there, yet he just let it fly anyways, which is pretty rough. Like I said, Sterger deserves blame too for trusting somebody she shouldn't have, but that's pretty shoddy on Daluerio's part just deciding eff it, time to release this story. And the timing of it really makes him look like an attention whore (although I'm sure he's just trying to get more hits for his site).

Gawker, while always careful about being legal about the stories they run, does have a history of being rather scummy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
Gawker, while always careful about being legal about the stories they run, does have a history of being rather scummy.

Oh no, it's definitely legal (I think, Soxbadger would be a far better judge of that than I am). You're also right that Gawker in general (and Deadspin specifically, mainly since AJ took over) is scummy, which is why Sterger really wasn't smart in telling AJ that story.

Not really any legal issues that arise if the story is "truth" as that puts it out of the realm of libel/slander.

The only thing I can think of would be breach of contract, but there was no consideration for deadspin to hold back the story so they wouldnt really be bound to anything.

I guess an argument could be made that in consideration for being told the story deadspin agreed not to release it.

But if she then gave them permission that destroys the argument.

It seems like she should have been smarter from the beginning about this. No reason to tell people the story if you dont want it public.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Oh no, it's definitely legal (I think, Soxbadger would be a far better judge of that than I am). You're also right that Gawker in general (and Deadspin specifically, mainly since AJ took over) is scummy, which is why Sterger really wasn't smart in telling AJ that story.

I read anything Magary or Leitch writes, but otherwise, I pretty much avoid it. Daulerio does seem like a genuine POS though.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
How do they know it's Brett Favre's dick? I would think John Madden's head would be in the way.

according to the deadspin investigative group, he is wearing the same watch in the sterger photo that he wore when he retired one of the first couple of times

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
according to the deadspin investigative group, he is wearing the same watch in the sterger photo that he wore when he retired one of the first couple of times

Now that is what I call brilliant investigative journalism!

I would really like shortened training camps/preseason whether they add two more regular season games or not. I can't stand the media coverage of Bourbanais (sp?).

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
I would really like shortened training camps/preseason whether they add two more regular season games or not. I can't stand the media coverage of Bourbanais (sp?).

I can't stand media coverage of the Bears in general. Always so endlessly positive during camp (deserved or not), and even when they suck during the regular season, you have some real lapdogs in this town for that franchise.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I can't stand media coverage of the Bears in general. Always so endlessly positive during camp (deserved or not), and even when they suck during the regular season, you have some real lapdogs in this town for that franchise.

Really, how man seasons in the past few decades have they actually gone all "Detroit Lions" and legitimately sucked?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Really, how man seasons in the past few decades have they actually gone all "Detroit Lions" and legitimately sucked?

Not many. But the Bears pretty well have mediocrity down pat these days, yet all that I hear out of camp is how this year will be different. Probably not, unless Brett Favre retires and 2nd place in the NFC North potentially opens up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)

It's all the same, every year... defense is rock solid, (injured player from previous year) has returned to form, the offense is looking crisp and sharp, coaches feel good about the roster and can build on the previous year, rookies look like they are going to dominate