Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
I think Favre is in the middle to be honest. He isn't near as bad as he was when he was with the Jets (or 05 GB) and he won't be near as good as he was with the Vikings last season. If he gives them even half of last year's numbers, I'm sure the Vikings will happily take that. I see a pattern though from Favre the last few years...

06- 56.0% Completion, 3,885 yards, 18-18 TD:INT

07- 66.5% Completion, 4,155 yards, 28-15 TD:INT

08- 65.7% Completion, 3,472 yards, 22-22 TD:INT

09- 68.4% Completion, 4,202 yards, 33-7 TD:INT

10- ???

He's had an average year followed by a good year the following season. So judging by that, I expect an average year for the 41 year old this comming season.

Most of Favre's struggles in New York came in the final 5 games when his arm was torn to shreds. In those final 5 games, he threw 2 touchdowns, 9 picks, had a completion percentage of 56%, Y/A of 5.8, and a QB rating of 55.2. He had been pretty phenomenal up to that point in the season. He had surgery on his arm in the offseason, was throwing rockets again, and had his best season ever with Minnesota.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
No kidding.

How many of those kids were 3 years old? Homeboy had a helluva rookie year.

He somehow had 5 kids that were 3 years old. Thats hilarious. He literally had trouble naming them all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
He somehow had 5 kids that were 3 years old. Thats hilarious. He literally had trouble naming them all.

I count 4 three year olds, and 7 children in total. All in the last 3 years.

Yeah, his wealth will run out pretty quickly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
I count 4 three year olds, and 7 children in total. All in the last 3 years.

Yeah, his wealth will run out pretty quickly.

And hopefully his sperm

Sometimes football writers need to stick to football.

Did you notice Armando Galarraga's start against the Indians the other night? Retired the first 14 Tribesmen. If Jim Joyce hadn't blown the call in that "perfect'' game June 2, that would have been 41 straight Indians retired by Galarraga. Has any pitcher ever been perfect for 13 and two-thirds straight innings?
I sent an email correction with the right answers. We'll see if he publishes them tomorrow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
Sometimes football writers need to stick to football.

I sent an email correction with the right answers. We'll see if he publishes them tomorrow.

Peter King annoys me as much as anyone else, but what did he say wrong??? If that first one had been a perfect game, that would have been 27+14=41 straight Indians retired. Am I missing something??? He should have added 13 & 2/3 perfect innings "against the same team", but thats it I think.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)
Peter King annoys me as much as anyone else, but what did he say wrong??? If that first one had been a perfect game, that would have been 27+14=41 straight Indians retired. Am I missing something??? He should have added 13 & 2/3 perfect innings "against the same team", but thats it I think.

??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4362558"" target="_blank">

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4362558

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)

Well yeah, but Balta called it a correction, so I thought he meant that King had said something incorrectly. He was just asking a question, and I thought he was talking about consecutive batters on the same team anyway.