GOP refuses to work past 2pm

DABearSoX

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
they also rejected a request to put out a joint statement denouncing the death threats that lawmakers have been getting from the crazy a*s teabaggers.

Yea, man, those crazy muthaf***as. They are just ... muthaf***as. Dain't dey?

Those damn southern racist poor muthaf***as.

:bang

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Yea, man, those crazy muthaf***as. They are just ... muthaf***as. Dain't dey?

Those damn southern racist poor muthaf***as.

:bang

I'm sure you wouldn't mind broken windows at your home...or someone cutting your gas line.....or getting death threats on your voice mail. That's all normal.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
I'm sure you wouldn't mind broken windows at your home...or someone cutting your gas line.....or getting death threats on your voice mail. That's all normal.

Are you kidding? I've been dealing with that ever since Kap found out my cell number.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)

how about being spit on, called a ni*ger, butt pirate (or whatever they called Barney Frank)... that's cool too right.

The joke on all of this, is that I believe if they get prosecuted for the death threats, that counts as a felony on their record and they may not be able to vote in the future. How ironic.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
they also rejected a request to put out a joint statement denouncing the death threats that lawmakers have been getting from the crazy a*s teabaggers.

I didn't see the story you just brought up, I did see boehner talk about it though and denounce and condemn the violence though, but at the same time no one's going to blame tea baggers because there hasn't been any evidence to prove that it was a tea bagger.. For all we know it could be a far left advocate who thought this bill didn't go far enough since they don't have a single payer system.. or even just a random guy who saw an opportunity to vandalize property

Edited by LZPride08

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
I didn't see the story you just brought up, I did see boehner talk about it though and denounce and condemn the violence though, but at the same time no one's going to blame tea baggers because there hasn't been any evidence to prove that it was a tea bagger.. For all we know it could be a far left advocate who thought this bill didn't go far enough since they don't have a single payer system.. or even just a random guy who saw an opportunity to vandalize property

it was in an interview last night. Both house leaderships got together, after meeting with the FBI and Secret Service, to discuss issuing a joint statement condeming these actions and asking people to act properly.

Pelosi/Hoyner said yes.

Boehner and his #2 said no, even after some pressuring from the FBI to do this.

A coffin was placed on a Missouri Democrat’s lawn, another in a string of incidents against lawmakers after their vote Sunday on a health care overhaul.

Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.) had a coffin placed “near his home,” a spokesman said Wednesday evening.

The coffin was from a prayer vigil.

This came after Rep. Tom Perriello’s (D-Va.) brother’s gas lines were cut, Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) received death threats and Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) received a message saying snipers were being deployed to kill children of those who voted for health care overhaul.

Several other Democrats have had threats leveled against them, prompting a closed-door briefing of Democratic members by the FBI, Capitol Police and the House Sergeant at Arms.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/...l#ixzz0jCX9Pjrh

I am sorry, but at risk of upsetting any posters on this forum, these actions are akin to Kristallnacht. I am not necessarily blaming the Republicans, but our lawmakers have a duty to the citizens of this country to promote civil peace. There should be a unanimous motion to denounce such acts of violence, random or not. Our economic situation is not as dire as the Weimar republic but the nationalist movement in Germany started small and no one did anything to stop it until it was far too late. I see many parallels between the situation in the U.S. today and Germany back in the 1930s. Remaining silent on such actions, or more importantly, refusing to join all lawmakers denouncing them, is effectively an endorsement of an angry mob and is as deplorable as the acts themselves.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
I am sorry, but at risk of upsetting any posters on this forum, these actions are akin to Kristallnacht. I am not necessarily blaming the Republicans, but our lawmakers have a duty to the citizens of this country to promote civil peace. There should be a unanimous motion to denounce such acts of violence, random or not. Our economic situation is not as dire as the Weimar republic but the nationalist movement in Germany started small and no one did anything to stop it until it was far too late. I see many parallels between the situation in the U.S. today and Germany back in the 1930s. Remaining silent on such actions, or more importantly, refusing to join all lawmakers denouncing them, is effectively an endorsement of an angry mob and is as deplorable as the acts themselves.

I wouldn't go as far as to compare this to 1930's Germany, but I agree that its disgusting and disturbing to see the GOP heads on Congress refuse to step up for this. There's partisan B.S., and then there's being dangerously uncivil.

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)

You are f***ing crazy... Blasphemy...It was a right-wing bible thumping gun loving mother f***er... :lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
I wouldn't go as far as to compare this to 1930's Germany, but I agree that its disgusting and disturbing to see the GOP heads on Congress refuse to step up for this. There's partisan B.S., and then there's being dangerously uncivil.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
er, if kristallnacht was merely this, nobody would remember kristallnacht.

I agree on both counts. The economic panic is nowhere near what took place in Germany and these threats and actions are far less organized and widespread, but there are some parallels between the nazis and teabaggers that I find disturbing. While it was a stretch to compare this to Kristallnacht, it is not a stretch to compare it to the actions of Hitler and his gangs in the early part of the 1930s when they were randomly targeting citizens and no one thought to do much about it.

I do not have numbers, but in addition to deep seated ignorance and hatred, the one thing I suspect both movements really have in common is unemployment. Adults, like children, need to be kept busy or they find ways to get in trouble. Losing your money tends to make people act crazy and it is manifesting in an ugly way right now. What's worse is the GOP is either okay with it, or too afraid to get on the wrong side of the teabaggers and remain silent.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I agree on both counts. The economic panic is nowhere near what took place in Germany and these threats and actions are far less organized and widespread, but there are some parallels between the nazis and teabaggers that I find disturbing. While it was a stretch to compare this to Kristallnacht, it is not a stretch to compare it to the actions of Hitler and his gangs in the early part of the 1930s when they were randomly targeting citizens and no one thought to do much about it.

I do not have numbers, but in addition to deep seated ignorance and hatred, the one thing I suspect both movements really have in common is unemployment. Adults, like children, need to be kept busy or they find ways to get in trouble. Losing your money tends to make people act crazy and it is manifesting in an ugly way right now. What's worse is the GOP is either okay with it, or too afraid to get on the wrong side of the teabaggers and remain silent.

That's the part that actually bothers me here (bolded). The rest, I think we're just not nearly at that kind of level, and won't get there either.