Teahen Up, Viciedo down

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:48 AM)
It's hard to argue with any roster move that frees up more playing time for Mark Kotsay. Seriously though here's hoping he can learn to take a walk.

Wow Dayan was 0 for his last 15 and 1 for his last 19 since going 8-for-14.

For the year he has 0 walks. He had 15 K's entering tonight's game; dont' know how many

times he K'd.

Lousy run for Viciedo.

Edited by greg775

I edited my post as I looked up some stuff. He has no walks in 82 plate appearances.

15 K's before tonight.

I wonder how he's going to learn plate discipline. If he gets 600 at bats, my god just the law of averages

will have him hitting .250 or less because nobody can hit for average if they don't ever walk.

Can you learn such a thing?

Infrequent ABs for 21 year olds in the major leagues spells struggles. He needs to play, and Ozzie really doesn't appear to like to play him, so going back to Charlotte is probably for the best. He obviously is going to have to learn how to take a walk once in a while to keep pitchers honest. To me, Viciedo is going to be a star or bust, no in between.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
Wow Dayan was 0 for his last 15 and 1 for his last 19 since going 8-for-14.

For the year he has 0 walks. He had 15 K's entering tonight's game; dont' know how many

times he K'd.

Lousy run for Viciedo.

He showed some power for sure, but swings at everything and it caught up to him. He needs experience and learn patience at the plate. I think he has the potential for sure though

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 05:14 AM)
I edited my post as I looked up some stuff. He has no walks in 82 plate appearances.

15 K's before tonight.

I wonder how he's going to learn plate discipline. If he gets 600 at bats, my god just the law of averages

will have him hitting .250 or less because nobody can hit for average if they don't ever walk.

Can you learn such a thing?

and his OBP would be horrible

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Alright, now I would like to see more Teahen and less A Jones and Kotsay.

That could be because Teahen's been gone for so long you forgot how mediocre a player he is. I think he should be grouped with Jones/Kotsay as blah, not emerging as a better option than those 2.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
That could be because Teahen's been gone for so long you forgot how mediocre a player he is. I think he should be grouped with Jones/Kotsay as blah, not emerging as a better option than those 2.

Teahen against a RHP is about .075 points of OPS or more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)

At least he was hitting in the .250s before getting hurt. Kotsay and Jones have been in the .200 to .215 area all year. Those few extra hits may knock in some much needed runs.

Edited by BigSqwert

I guess I'd rather see him out there than Kotsay or Jones, but I still don't think that's saying much.

Maybe he'll embrace his first pennant race and get key hit after key hit, but I've always thought of him as blah, dating to his KC days.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I guess I'd rather see him out there than Kotsay or Jones, but I still don't think that's saying much.

Maybe he'll embrace his first pennant race and get key hit after key hit, but I've always thought of him as blah, dating to his KC days.

He has definitely been blah except for that one stretch in 2006. Blah remains better than "My God Kotsay is awful".

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)

He's prob a .270 hitter, which is better than what we have been putting out there.