Chicago White Sox. Kansas City Royals. 6:05 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:40 AM)
I can't believe it's just a couple weeks from the offseason again.

It's going to be a difficult offseason. We don't have a lot of money to play with, yet the Twins and Tigers do. Also, some big decisions on some of our favorite Sox players including Konerko, AJP, and one of our starting pitchers. Knowing the way things have gone, we'll lose Konerko, bring back Garcia and AJP, and replace Konerko with a washed-up member of the 2001 AL All-star team.

Hopefully the best news of the offseason is Hahn takes over as GM and Ozzie leaves. This organization needs a fresh start, and Cooper/Walker can go with Ozzie.

Edited by fathom

Seeing as how AL Central teams dont win championships, I'd rather not be built to specifically beat teams in the division. It's not even possible anyway. Each AL central team has its own identity and as you make changes, those teams will be shifting players around as well. Lets get a lot of hitting talent on the roster and then I'm all good, no specifics necessary.

It'd be great to play to our park but if the Sox want to spend then lets build any kind of team we want as long as it's top notch. And by spend I mean look at current payroll and add significantly. Trade all your prospects and then you're basically painting yourself into a corner where you need to do it that way.

Edited by Princess Dye

i really think that EJax was on a roll throwing the baseball up till the game vs Cleveland where he already threw 8 innings of 1 run ball, with 120 pitches for the night. but Ozzie decides to leave him in in the 9th, and he gave up 3 hits and 2 runs.

At that moment, i was really hoping the bad ending won't derail EJax from his hot streak, you know, baseball players are all about streaks, rituals and superstitions. EJax has really cooled off since, and back to earth he comes.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
i really think that EJax was on a roll throwing the baseball up till the game vs Cleveland where he already threw 8 innings of 1 run ball, with 120 pitches for the night. but Ozzie decides to leave him in in the 9th, and he gave up 3 hits and 2 runs.

At that moment, i was really hoping the bad ending won't derail EJax from his hot streak, you know, baseball players are all about streaks, rituals and superstitions. EJax has really cooled off since, and back to earth he comes.

Anybody who thought Jackson was as good as those first five starts needs a reality check. He was going to come back to earth anyway. And wasn't half our bullpen either on the DL or unavailable that night anyway?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Is it humanly possible of Pena to come into a game and not give up any runs.

I don't see the fascination with him.

He's as bad as Linebrink.

He's got a 95 MPH fastball and Mark Buehrle K rates without Mark's pint-point control. He's awful. KW better hope Brandon Allen doesn't go Chris Young for Arizona next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:43 AM)
It's going to be a difficult offseason. We don't have a lot of money to play with, yet the Twins and Tigers do. Also, some big decisions on some of our favorite Sox players including Konerko, AJP, and one of our starting pitchers. Knowing the way things have gone, we'll lose Konerko, bring back Garcia and AJP, and replace Konerko with a washed-up member of the 2001 AL All-star team.

Hopefully the best news of the offseason is Hahn takes over as GM and Ozzie leaves. This organization needs a fresh start, and Cooper/Walker can go with Ozzie.

I'm not crazy about Pena, either.

That's a scary post that I'm quoting.

We can't afford the Twins to add a lot of talent.

I'd rather go young and take our lumps than trot Omar and Juan out there again.

Teahen truly is buzzkill.

Our starting staff for the past two years has supposed to have been AMAZING. It's been OK but not amazing.

We gots work to do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm not crazy about Pena, either.

That's a scary post that I'm quoting.

We can't afford the Twins to add a lot of talent.

I'd rather go young and take our lumps than trot Omar and Juan out there again.

Teahen truly is buzzkill.

Our starting staff for the past two years has supposed to have been AMAZING. It's been OK but not amazing.

We gots work to do.

The Twins don't have to add a lot of talent. Give them a healthy Nathan/Morneau and that right there makes them the prohibitive favorites in the Central.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
The Twins don't have to add a lot of talent. Give them a healthy Nathan/Morneau and that right there makes them the prohibitive favorites in the Central.

And if they sweep us this week they are 13-5 against us this year with a much better team coming next year.

Nice.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
AJ proving he still has plenty in the tank.

Meh, I don't put much stock in him sucking for most of 5 months and hitting a hot streak at the end. He's clearly on the downside and not even his pending free agency (which proves not everybody has a career year the year before it's time to get paid) did much for him.

Lack of talent is one thing but lack of desire is another. The entire organization should be ashamed, outraged and embarrassed by tonight's pathetic loss to an even more pathetic opponent(they've owned us all season).

If they're not willing to try I'm not willing to support them with my money and especially my time.

I've been saying it's not over until we're mathematically eliminated, but I was assuming the team still had some interest in winning.

We need to put most of this team on craigslist this winter.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:00 AM)
Lack of talent is one thing but lack of desire is another. The entire organization should be ashamed, outraged and embarrassed by tonight's pathetic loss to an even more pathetic opponent(they've owned us all season).

If they're not willing to try I'm not willing to support them with my money and especially my time.

I've been saying it's not over until we're mathematically eliminated, but I was assuming the team still had some interest in winning.

We need to put most of this team on craigslist this winter.

They say effort is that night's starting pitching and clutch hitting.

Edwin stunk and we didn't produce down 4-1 with AJ and Kotsuck pop ups.

I think the team tries; it just sucks on given nights.