Trade Candidates for Kenny this offseason

macsandz

The Chicago White Sox trade LHP John Danks, C Tyler Flowers and RHP Andre Rienzo to the Los Angeles Dodgers for CF Matt Kemp.

Do it Kenny. Then sign Carlos Pena to play 1B/DH.

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2B

Rios - CF

Pena - 1B

Kemp - RF

Ramirez - SS

Pierzynski -C

Viciedo - DH

Morel - 3B

Edited by bucket-of-suck

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
The Chicago White Sox trade LHP John Danks, C Tyler Flowers and RHP Andre Rienzo to the Los Angeles Dodgers for CF Matt Kemp.

Do it Kenny. Then sign Carlos Pena to play 1B/DH.

Pierre - LF

Beckham - 2B

Rios - CF

Pena - 1B

Kemp - RF

Ramirez - SS

Pierzynski -C

Viciedo - DH

Morel - 3B

And who, pray tell, is in you're rotation then?

I think the Kemp idea is a good one....but I like the Adam Lind idea even more. He'd be great to buy low on if we can, (obviously he'd come at a steep price, but we'd be buying low considering his 09 campaign) If you get Kemp from LA and Lind:

Pierre - LF

Becks - 2B

Rios - CF

Lind - DH

Konerko (Wildcard if you can sign him or not) - 1B

Kemp - RF

AJ - C

Lexi - SS

Teahen - 3B

Pitching:

Peavy

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd or Danks (Whichever isn't traded)

Freddy or Pena

Either Floyd or Danks goes in one of the trades..... Quentin, Morel, Viciedo, even Sale (I know, gawk!), Flowers,

anyone of them up for grabs.....I could see swingin Jackson for salary relief and more young pieces to make it work as option as well....

Pipedream (kinda) I know....

But Lind could be dangerous going righty lefty righty with Rios and Kemp or Rios Kong

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
And who, pray tell, is in you're rotation then?

Still the division's best rotation:

Peavy

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd

Sale

or until Peavy is ready:

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd

Garcia

Sale

Then move Sale into the bullpen when Jake comes back.

Danks is a very nice trade chip that is gonna want big money soon. He could win 18-20 games in the NL and would return a stud player in a deal.

QUOTE (GLOAD is GOD @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
I think the Kemp idea is a good one....but I like the Adam Lind idea even more. He'd be great to buy low on if we can, (obviously he'd come at a steep price, but we'd be buying low considering his 09 campaign) If you get Kemp from LA and Lind:

Pierre - LF

Becks - 2B

Rios - CF

Lind - DH

Konerko (Wildcard if you can sign him or not) - 1B

Kemp - RF

AJ - C

Lexi - SS

Teahen - 3B

Pitching:

Peavy

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd or Danks (Whichever isn't traded)

Freddy or Pena

Either Floyd or Danks goes in one of the trades..... Quentin, Morel, Viciedo, even Sale (I know, gawk!), Flowers,

anyone of them up for grabs.....I could see swingin Jackson for salary relief and more young pieces to make it work as option as well....

Pipedream (kinda) I know....

But Lind could be dangerous going righty lefty righty with Rios and Kemp or Rios Kong

You lost me at "Teahen - 3B"...

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Still the division's best rotation:

Peavy

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd

Sale

or until Peavy is ready:

Buehrle

Jackson

Floyd

Garcia

Sale

Then move Sale into the bullpen when Jake comes back.

Danks is a very nice trade chip that is gonna want big money soon. He could win 18-20 games in the NL and would return a stud player in a deal.

I'm not saying that Sale can't handle the fifth spot (I think he will do it well next year), but it can be kind of risky to just throw a guy for all intents and purposes straight to the majors, not to mention we have zero depth after him in the minors in case Peavy gets another "freak" injury this year. Also, you realize Freddy isn't under team control, and it would probably be best to not spend a few million on him and instead just keep Danks?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Sale is on the team as the closer for 2011. They will need one next year and I don't think they will buy one.

I would be 99% surprised if Sale is NOT a starter next year. We need him in the rotation for the future, and even being the closer will only hurt him.

If he proves he cant handle the innings as a starter, then the Sox will have serious discussions of moving him to the pen fulltime.

QUOTE (GLOAD is GOD @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)

Does anyone know what happened to Lind this past season? I mean, how did he drop so much so fast?

I'd be scared to give up a lot for him. His suckitude might linger around for more than one season.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
Do it right for once. Re-sign AJ and Paulie. Sign Crawford for LF. Sign Werth for RF. Sign Dunn for DH. Don't sit there mumblin', talking trash - If you wanna have a ball you gotta spend some cash!

C'mon JR, KW and Ozzie. Stop slobbering all over the Twins way and start doing it the Yankee way!

Christ, that's a $160 million team next year.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Bullpen (you're missing a closer and atleast one setup man and middle reliever), possibly starting rotation if Peavy doesn't come back near 100%.

You trade Pierre and Quentin for some bullpen help. Peavy should come back, but if not Jackson has proven to be an adequate replacement. Sale or Garcia can be the fifth starter if needed.

Of course this is just a pipe dream anyway, but the point was to stop slobbering all over the perennial loser Twins and their "way." I prefer the Yankee way.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
You trade Pierre and Quentin for some bullpen help. Peavy should come back, but if not Jackson has proven to be an adequate replacement. Sale or Garcia can be the fifth starter if needed.

Of course this is just a pipe dream anyway, but the point was to stop slobbering all over the perennial loser Twins and their "way." I prefer the Yankee way.

You're actually looking at more of a Cubs way, without the consistent attendance figures to support such a team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
You're actually looking at more of a Cubs way, without the consistent attendance figures to support such a team.

Nope. Cubs give ridiculous contracts to lousy players. They also tend to bid against themselves. I don't think signing Crawford, Werth and Dunn along with Konerko and AJ to market-value contracts is the same as signing losers like Soraino, Bradley, etc. to exhorbitant contracts that no other team is even coming close to offering.

Again, in case anyone couldn't tell, my suggestion is more tongue in cheek than anything but still the point is I wish the Sox would go out and get what they need instead of intentionally going into the season with a glaring hole hoping to fill it cheaper at the trade deadline. And also I'm sick of hearing how the Twins are such a great organization when they are just as bad as the Cubs when it comes to post season play. In fact if it weren't for the Sox rolling over for them they would never even make the playoffs.

The Yankees go out and get whatever they need. Maybe if the Sox operated that way they wouldn't have as big a problem with their attendence. And I wonder what the Yankees attendence would be if they went into seasons with guys like Kotsay as their DH or Dewayne Wise as their starting CF and leadoff man.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Nope. Cubs give ridiculous contracts to lousy players. They also tend to bid against themselves. I don't think signing Crawford, Werth and Dunn along with Konerko and AJ to market-value contracts is the same as signing losers like Soraino, Bradley, etc. to exhorbitant contracts that no other team is even coming close to offering.

Really, you expect none of Crawford, Werth, and Dunn will wind up being a bad deal 2-3 years into it if they're signed for market value?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Really, you expect none of Crawford, Werth, and Dunn will wind up being a bad deal 2-3 years into it if they're signed for market value?

Forget it. Let's just go with what we have.

I can't wait to see Flowers handle the staff while batting .220 and striking out 200 times and Teahen and Quentin butchering plays in RF and alternating as sub-par DH's. Pierre's good enough in LF, I guess. Bring on the Twins!

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Forget it. Let's just go with what we have.

I can't wait to see Flowers handle the staff while batting .220 and striking out 200 times and Teahen and Quentin butchering plays in RF and alternating as sub-par DH's. Pierre's good enough in LF, I guess. Bring on the Twins!

Who said Flowers will be the starting catcher? Who said Teahen and Quentin will be in RF? The offseason hasnt even started yet! Jeez.

ok...lemme throw this out there. IF Konerko signs elsewhere I think the term "rebuilding" will be applicable to this team. It's a very realistic possibility he'll leave. What then? Can you replace that production with a Dunn or whoever in that ilk?...doubtful. But then again I honestly doubt Paulie puts up those kind of numbers again.

Does anybody think that a deal with the Marlins would be possible for Mike Stanton? I definitely think it would have to include probably Danks and Q with some filler...but if the Sox do go into "rebuild" mode...Kenny needs to target some young stud power hitters with Stanton being at the top of the list IMO.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
ok...lemme throw this out there. IF Konerko signs elsewhere I think the term "rebuilding" will be applicable to this team. It's a very realistic possibility he'll leave. What then? Can you replace that production with a Dunn or whoever in that ilk?...doubtful. But then again I honestly doubt Paulie puts up those kind of numbers again.

Does anybody think that a deal with the Marlins would be possible for Mike Stanton? I definitely think it would have to include probably Danks and Q with some filler...but if the Sox do go into "rebuild" mode...Kenny needs to target some young stud power hitters with Stanton being at the top of the list IMO.

Stanton would cost Beckham, Sale, Morel, and any other living body we have plus the Sox covering any cost associated with those players.