2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 07:26 AM)
The book is probably the most depressing thing I've ever read.

Same here. I actually had tears in my eyes at the end. I've never cried reading a book before that.

On another note, watched Enter the Void last night in bed on Netflix streaming during our power outage. Fascinating film.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
Same here. I actually had tears in my eyes at the end. I've never cried reading a book before that.

On another note, watched Enter the Void last night in bed on Netflix streaming during our power outage. Fascinating film.

I hear the opening credits is enough to give you a siezere.

You easily have the best taste in movies out of the usual suspects in the film thread. Clearly i don't always agree, but we have eerily similar likes and dislikes.

I can't recall your take on terminator salvation, but it's doubtful you think it is a masterpiece of epic proportions like someone else...

QUOTE (qwerty @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
You easily have the best taste in movies out of the usual suspects in the film thread. Clearly i don't always agree, but we have eerily similar likes and dislikes.

I can't recall your take on terminator salvation, but it's doubtful you think it is a masterpiece of epic proportions like someone else...

I DVR'd it quite a while ago but never got around to it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it soon.

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
What is up with Gaspar Noé doing that? The very end of Irreversible is seizure inducing too -- a minute or so of a flashing black and white screen for no reason.

I'm assuming he's a former raver or something. I can tell he did a lot of drug use.

An interesting op-ed from Pixar's John Lasseter. I particularly enjoyed reading about the new character, Danny Caca, they will be introducing soon.

EDIT: Stupid swear filter. You'll have to replace the asterisks in the hyperlink to the obvious letters that are missing.

Edited by BigSqwert

"The King's Speech" was awesome and Colin Firth gave one of the best performances I have ever seen. He should be a shoe in for Best Actor. I'm holding off on my vote for Best Picture because I haven't seen them all yet but of all the ones I have seen (Inception, True Grit, Toy Story 3, The Fighter, The King's Speech, 127 Hours) "The King's Speech" would get my vote.

I read No Country for Old Men and it was one of the hardest books to get through for me since I read the Scarlet Letter in my freshman year of high school. I picked up The Road, but when it started off in that same writing style, I just refused to put myself through it again...is the movie watchable?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
I read No Country for Old Men and it was one of the hardest books to get through for me since I read the Scarlet Letter in my freshman year of high school. I picked up The Road, but when it started off in that same writing style, I just refused to put myself through it again...is the movie watchable?

It's tough to get through but the book evoked more emotion out of me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)

The movie is really good. It can be hard to hear the conversations sometimes, like to really hear and understand what they are talking about.

Chicago representing hardcore on the Transformers 3 trailer. The scene with Optimus Prime going off was pretty cool to see, looks like there will be quite an invasion/battle scene.

It is michael bay so it will probably suck, but the robot fighting should be cool.

Thor and Captain America trailers were pretty cool too

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
I think what this country needs is more movies based on comic books.

I find it comical the amount of people who immediately buy in... I was watching the game with some buddies, and I said "Thor was like the lamest character", and one of them replies "Thor is awesome", and I replied, "have you ever read a Thor comic book?"

He of course had not.

I cannot buy into Thor, such a lame character.

The Captain America movie looks solid, even if the costume should have been "movied up".