Orlando Cabrera CIN - Signed by CLE, 1 Yr, 1 mil

Cristian Guzman TEX

Chris Woodward SEA

Third Basemen

Willy Aybar TB

Jorge Cantu TEX - Signed by SD, 1 Yr, 880k

Eric Chavez OAK - Signed by NYY, MLC

Pedro Feliz STL - Signed by KCR, MLC

Nick Punto MIN - Signed by STL, 1 Yr, undisc.

Chad Tracy FLA - Signed by TEX, MLC

Outfielders

Alfredo Amezaga LAD - Signed by COL, MLC

Frank Catalanotto TEX

Jim Edmonds CIN - Signed by STL, MLC - Retired

Vladimir Guerrero TEX - Signed by BAL, 1 Yr, 8 mil

Jose Guillen SF

Gabe Kapler TB - Signed by LAD, MLC

Jay Payton COL - Retired

Scott Podsednik LAD - Signed by TOR, MLC

Randy Winn STL - Signed by BAL, MLC

Starting Pitchers

Kris Benson ARZ - Retired

Jeremy Bonderman DET

David Bush MIL - Signed by TEX, MLC

Doug Davis MIL

Noah Lowry SF

Kevin Millwood BAL

Brian Moehler HOU

Ben Sheets OAK

Ian Snell SEA - Signed by STL

Jeff Suppan STL - Signed by SFG, MLC

Relief Pitchers

Miguel Batista WAS - Signed by STL, MLC

Elmer Dessens NYM - Signed by SFG, MLC

Chad Durbin PHI

Kelvim Escobar NYM

Randy Flores MIN - Signed by SD, MLC

Mark Hendrickson BAL - Re-signed by BAL, MLC

Mike Lincoln CIN

Ron Mahay MIN - Signed by LAD, MLC

Guillermo Mota SF - Re-signed by SFG, MLC

Chan Ho Park PIT - Playing in Japan

Dennys Reyes STL - Signed by BOS, MLC

David Riske FA - Signed by BAL, MLC

Bobby Seay DET

Scot Shields LAA

Jorge Sosa FLA

Russ Springer CIN - Retired

Jeff Weaver LAD

Jamey Wright SEA - Re-signed by SEA, undisc.

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Could the Sox offer Ben Sheets, I don't know, a new iPod Touch to prove he still has an elbow?

I don't think I'd want two injury-prone starters on the team. If it's like a minor league deal, maybe.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
I would not be surprised to see Jorge Cantu sign a one year deal with the Sox. Also think he underperformed in Texas and could be a good utility player for us. DFA Teahen ;-)

And I'll throw up in my mouth over and over and over again. Then I will proceed to kill every small animal I come across for the next year. Cantu is terrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)
And I'll throw up in my mouth over and over and over again. Then I will proceed to kill every small animal I come across for the next year. Cantu is terrible.

you can do far worse than jorge cantu, the 3 times hes got 600 ABs in his career he put up lines of .286/28/117 (an mvp candidate) .277/29/95 and .289/16/100...if we get 75% of that production from Morel/Teahen id be amazed and for 850,000 my goodness i think thats a helluva bargain for the padres. He didnt exactly have a bad year last year either when he was with the marlins he was on pace for about 15hr and 77 rbis while hitting around .260, if morel/teahen can do that this teams gonna be scary as hell

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
you can do far worse than jorge cantu, the 3 times hes got 600 ABs in his career he put up lines of .286/28/117 (an mvp candidate) .277/29/95 and .289/16/100...if we get 75% of that production from Morel/Teahen id be amazed and for 850,000 my goodness i think thats a helluva bargain for the padres. He didnt exactly have a bad year last year either when he was with the marlins he was on pace for about 15hr and 77 rbis while hitting around .260, if morel/teahen can do that this teams gonna be scary as hell

He is like Dayan Viciedo at the plate, except that he doesn't hit the ball very hard. He's not a very good player and San Diego can have him.

youre sayin youd rather have brent morel and mark teahen over a guy making $850,000 whos averaged 18/83/37(doubles).274 the last 3 years( the team ranks from last year would put him tied for 5th with lexi in HR, 4th in RBIs, 1st in doubles by 7, and one point behind pierre for 4th in BA) and thats including last season where he only played 127 games...yes he'll strike out 100 times more than likely but with that kind of production coming from a guy whos making so little and would bat 7th or 8th i think itd be foolish to say he wouldnt make this team a lot better....i just read that fangraphs article on lexi...talk about underrated

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:11 AM)
Overreacting much?

No. He's a bad player. Complete butcher in the field with a below average bat.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
youre sayin youd rather have brent morel and mark teahen over a guy making $850,000 whos averaged 18/83/37(doubles).274 the last 3 years( the team ranks from last year would put him tied for 5th with lexi in HR, 4th in RBIs, 1st in doubles by 7, and one point behind pierre for 4th in BA) and thats including last season where he only played 127 games...yes he'll strike out 100 times more than likely but with that kind of production coming from a guy whos making so little and would bat 7th or 8th i think itd be foolish to say he wouldnt make this team a lot better....i just read that fangraphs article on lexi...talk about underrated

Do you have any idea how bad Cantu is defensively? Think Josh Fields. I know Teahen sucks but he's not going anywhere. You've closed the book on Morel already? Well I haven't. Not even close. I'd much rather give Morel a shot over a 4 WAR player the last three years combined. You say he's getting $850K? Well that's for a reason. When you're going into your 8th season at 29 and that's what you're making it's usually because you're not that good.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:21 AM)
and underrating

man i really love when i get in the mood to post on here

You can't underrate bad.

Sheesh! As you look at the first basemen on that list, if you take ONLY the healthy parts that still remain on each of them, pull them off, and then glue them all together, you may be able to construct One Healthy Body! I call it "The Mister Potato Head Kit" of free agent firstbasemen.

if he gets a majority of time at 3b it's going to be because he is playing plus defense and basically locking down the left side of the infield with Alexi... so with this line-up, yes I would rather have Morel playing great 3b and not being terrible offensively.

yes

I also don't understand why you are still arguing this when Cantu has already signed with the Padres.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 06:15 AM)
No. He's a bad player. Complete butcher in the field with a below average bat.

Do you have any idea how bad Cantu is defensively? Think Josh Fields. I know Teahen sucks but he's not going anywhere. You've closed the book on Morel already? Well I haven't. Not even close. I'd much rather give Morel a shot over a 4 WAR player the last three years combined. You say he's getting $850K? Well that's for a reason. When you're going into your 8th season at 29 and that's what you're making it's usually because you're not that good.

I do tend to look past defense when making an argument about who is better, esp when i was drunk as i was last night. No i havent closed the books on morel but if he comes anywhere near the kinda of production cantu put up the previous 2 years before last i will s*** my pants. i see cantu vs morel lookin somethin like this .265/15/88 (low power numbers because hes in petco, also see 40+ doubles) vs .265/10/60....i was indeed looking past his D.

totally f***ed up the quotes in this bad boy

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787