Things that need to come back...

JPN366

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
There were no video games or TV in the 1990's?

It was different then and you know it.

Our neighborhood was crazy. Kids f***ing everywhere outside all day long.

EDIT: Boy does that sentence sound wrong!

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
When kids actually played games outside and were creative. Now all kids do are either sit in front of a tv, play video games, or go on the computer. No wonder why childhood obesity is high. Go outside and play and make up new games. Our neighborhood was notorious for making up new games. I miss the 90's.

:notworthy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)

Really, not for this child of the 90's. I've been struggling with weight and sitting around watching TV since the 80's.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)

Manhunt, Street Hockey, Whiffle Ball, Kill the man with the ball, building stuff, etc...

We were outside allll the time growing up. You couldn't get us to come in the house.

PS...i kinda wish i grew up in that neighborhood :lol:

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
Manhunt, Street Hockey, Whiffle Ball, Kill the man with the ball, building stuff, etc...

We were outside allll the time growing up. You couldn't get us to come in the house.

The amount of street hockey, baseball, kickback, hotdog in gastank :ph34r: we played was insane. I can't imagine not being outside from about 10am until 9pm everyday in the summer between the ages of like 5 and 15.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
The amount of street hockey, baseball, kickback, hotdog in gastank :ph34r: we played was insane. I can't imagine not being outside from about 10am until 9pm everyday in the summer between the ages of like 5 and 15.

Same with me. We did nothing but play outside. Video games only got played when it was pretty late out and the parents had us come inside.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Same with me. We did nothing but play outside. Video games only got played when it was pretty late out and the parents had us come inside.

Yeah, we'd come inside, wait for the sweating to stop and then video games all night long and Surge/Coke/Mountain Dew!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)

The funny thing I remember is that parents still used to tell us to go outside a lot, although we did go out a ton. Apparently, my parents and my friends' parents were never allowed in their houses at any point growing up. Imagine if we were like kids today...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
The funny thing I remember is that parents still used to tell us to go outside a lot, although we did go out a ton. Apparently, my parents and my friends' parents were never allowed in their houses at any point growing up. Imagine if we were like kids today...

fat-kid-sleeping-couch.jpg

obese_boy_450x300.jpg

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Steve, Gage, Milkman, you guys sound old as hell! :lol:

25, but man is there a generational gap. I seriously remember my parents and my friends' parents being pissed at us if we were in the house for 2 hours during our time off from school. Having them tell us to go outside more made me feel like a bum for being outside for only 8-10 hours. Now it's completely acceptable for kids to be inside all day, and then they want a ride to their friend's house two blocks away.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
25, but man is there a generational gap. I seriously remember my parents and my friends' parents being pissed at us if we were in the house for 2 hours during our time off from school. Having them tell us to go outside more made me feel like a bum for being outside for only 8-10 hours. Now it's completely acceptable for kids to be inside all day, and then they want a ride to their friend's house two blocks away.

And I'm almost 36.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)

Did you grow up a Cub fan?

Rocky Road cereal

Rocky Rococo pizza

Drive In movies

The Electric Company (HEEYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYYSSS!!!!!)... not the lame ones that come on today

You Can't Do That On Television on Nickelodeon

The Third Eye on Nickelodeon

Benny Hill on late nights on WTTW

Gigglesnort Hotel

Hot Fudge

3-2-1 Contact

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Rocky Road cereal

Rocky Rococo pizza

Drive In movies

The Electric Company (HEEYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYYSSS!!!!!)... not the lame ones that come on today

You Can't Do That On Television on Nickelodeon

The Third Eye on Nickelodeon

Benny Hill on late nights on WTTW

Gigglesnort Hotel

Hot Fudge

3-2-1 Contact

Completely forgot that I used to watch this on there all the time as a kid until right now. Thank you sir.

Nope, had it right the first time...Gio Gonzalez, John Ely & Clayton Richard. Plus, Dan Hudson, Brandon Allen, Chris Carter & Aaron Cunningham. All players under 27.

Edited by JPN366