Things that need to come back...

JPN366

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
Rocky Road cereal

Rocky Rococo pizza

Drive In movies

The Electric Company (HEEYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYYSSS!!!!!)... not the lame ones that come on today

You Can't Do That On Television on Nickelodeon

The Third Eye on Nickelodeon

Benny Hill on late nights on WTTW

Gigglesnort Hotel

Hot Fudge

3-2-1 Contact

:notworthy

The people who did that show were on acid.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Men's Health Magazine, a well respected publication has revealed this surprising process of making a fast food hamburger patty.

1. Gather the Scraps

A company called Beef Products gathers the scraps from the slaughterhouse including the heads and hooves, once only pet food fodder, to begin making the fast food patty.

2. Expose It to Ammonia Gas

Next the meat is cleaned by threading it through pipes and exposing it to blasts of Ammonia Gas. But Ammonia is not on the nutrition label!! The FDA allows the fast food industry to keep this information hidden from consumers. Surprise!

3. Real Ammonia?

Yes, the very same ammonia you clean your bathroom toilet with. The same ammonia that burns your skin upon contact. This chemical will clean up the diseased beef of all contamination from E.coli and Salmonella.

4. Mix the Meat

Take cleaned scraps from a zillion cows and grind them all up together and form patties. Yes, your patty is not from one cow. This is why the risk of E. coli is so huge.

5. Freeze

After the scraps are ground, sprayed with ammonia and "cleaned" they are formed into fast food hamburger patties and frozen and shipped. Happy Eating!

I don't know if I'm happy or not that I looked into this recently... because I'll never eat fast food again.

I always get a kick out of stuff like this...I agree, yes, this sounds incredibly disgusting...but honestly, if you stop and think about it, how is eating a piece of meat from one cow really any less disgusting? You are eating an animal. An animal that has sat around in a stall (or if you are luck, a field somewhere), with the express purpose of eating so as to get fat, so you can eat it's flesh. It lays around in s***, has flies buzzing on it all day, every day, and then is unceremoniously shot in the head (or some other quick and dirty manner of murder), where it's hide is stripped and the carcass hangs on some hook for days until some guy in a white suit comes by in a saw and slices and dices it.

I'm not sure I like the idea of eating a hoof, but if you didn't know any better, why would eating the loin or the shoulder or the ass really be any better or more appetizing?

Sorry, just had to rant.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 25, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
I always get a kick out of stuff like this...I agree, yes, this sounds incredibly disgusting...but honestly, if you stop and think about it, how is eating a piece of meat from one cow really any less disgusting? You are eating an animal. An animal that has sat around in a stall (or if you are luck, a field somewhere), with the express purpose of eating so as to get fat, so you can eat it's flesh. It lays around in s***, has flies buzzing on it all day, every day, and then is unceremoniously shot in the head (or some other quick and dirty manner of murder), where it's hide is stripped and the carcass hangs on some hook for days until some guy in a white suit comes by in a saw and slices and dices it.

I'm not sure I like the idea of eating a hoof, but if you didn't know any better, why would eating the loin or the shoulder or the ass really be any better or more appetizing?

Sorry, just had to rant.

Whether it's disgusting or not...it's a serious disease risk. Especially if you have a disease like mad cow which may not be effectively killed by treatments that kill normal bacteria like e-coli, or if you develop bacterial strains that are resistant to the treatment you're putting the product through.

If you're mixing everything together then making 100000+ burgers that contain products from a single animal, that means that one contaminated animal can sicken every one of those people.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
No f***ing s***. Dont try to fool me with you "deli" sandwiches 7-11, I know that s*** is frozen and flown in.

Wow, that brought back memories. I used to live directly across the street from a White Hen and use to eat a s*** ton of their deli sammiches, delicious.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Wow, that brought back memories. I used to live directly across the street from a White Hen and use to eat a s*** ton of their deli sammiches, delicious.

Man I used to have them make me a fat ass pastrami sandwich with chips and a side of potato salad. Dammit I want one right now. f*** a 7/11...