7/5 Sox v. Royals

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
Lilli with 4 K's, 7 lob. Dunn = lost. Beckham is a .240 hitter, at best.

we had sooo many chances to score tonight with just a base hit. We wait around for the bomb and lean so hard on our pitching. Something's got to give. It just has to.

We wait around hoping for a 3 run homer on a team without much power (lineup tonight especially). Sure, we have an above average number of homers, but that's mostly due to Konerko/Quentin. Our 7-8-9-1-2 tonight just isn't going to hit the ball out very often, and in our park, that's a recipe for a .500 record.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:22 AM)
Ya certainly Peavy's option will be declined, I thinks its like 22 million option, with a 3 million buyout. But could still see White sox re sign Peavy to a lower contract.

How much do cheerleaders make these days? :lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
Why is that? Haven't you watched this team this year? There isn't a pitcher alive that couldn't shut down our offense. Steve Stone could pitch a 4 hitter against this offense.

/hyperbole

Yes but Paulino? Wow.

Could Doug Davis even shut us down?

The jury is still out on Peavy, since he isn't expected to be 100% normal until 2012. We have seen some flashes where his velocity was great like in the relief apperance and the CG SO. But other wise its been pretty poor stuff wise. Just a 90-91 mph 2 seamer with an average biting slider

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
How much do cheerleaders make these days? :lolhitting

LOL hey just stating an absolute possibility. Cuz who knows how our Pitching staff will look like that time. Buerhle will be most likely gone due to retirement. I highly doubt we keep Jackson beyound this season. And there is and always will be rumbling of Danks and Floyd getting dealt. Maybe we can probably sign him to like cheap contract, which I would take any day

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
The jury is still out on Peavy, since he isn't expected to be 100% normal until 2012. We have seen some flashes where his velocity was great like in the relief apperance and the CG SO. But other wise its been pretty poor stuff wise. Just a 90-91 mph 2 seamer with an average biting slider

Yes peavy gave up 5 rubs. Sometimes however in the American league you need to score runs. Not every game is a qs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Yes peavy gave up 5 rubs. Sometimes however in the American league you need to score runs. Not every game is a qs.

Not every game is a quality start, but that's a pretty good way to judge a starting pitcher.

2 quality starts in 8 starts, plus one great bullpen appearance.

He's an average pitcher that doesn't stay healthy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:28 AM)
greg, I know you hate the Royals like I do the Cubs, but just take a breather right now. It's fine, if we win tomorrow and split the Twins series, we're in good position heading into the 2nd half.

OK. But I'm afraid we're gonna lose a series to this crummy team.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
Not every game is a quality start, but that's a pretty good way to judge a starting pitcher.

2 quality starts in 8 starts, plus one great bullpen appearance.

He's an average pitcher that doesn't stay healthy.

Ya he hasn't been great, but the team has won 7 out of his 9 appearances which says something. Tonight was no different, should have gotten the win but it has been the same old story, poor execution on offense.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Turned on Rongey just now for the first time in a couple weeks.

I'll go back to not listening. Same old crap.

Ozzie is tweeting about Rongey doing a good job. You just lost a game and you are f***ing tweeting.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:43 AM)
Ozzie is tweeting about Rongey doing a good job. You just lost a game and you are f***ing tweeting.

If he wasn't tweeting, he'd be drinking beer, so what's the big deal?

I'm more mad at our team's inability to beat the Central. We is in big trouble, folks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
If he wasn't tweeting, he'd be drinking beer, so what's the big deal?

I'm more mad at our team's inability to beat the Central. We is in big trouble, folks.

One loss relax, ya we are 7-12 pretty crap, but we gotta chance to win the series tomorrow. I dont think any1 had us sweeping this series. We are still 3.5 out and Detroit is losing still as we speak, so we lose out on nothing after tonight other than the fact we should have won and had the opportunity right in front of us.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Turned on Rongey just now for the first time in a couple weeks.

I'll go back to not listening. Same old crap.

Konerko can't keep carrying this team forever. Who knows where this team would be without him. But remember, Rongey said one player can't make a difference right...

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:48 AM)
One loss relax, ya we are 7-12 pretty crap, but we gotta chance to win the series tomorrow. I dont think any1 had us sweeping this series. We are still 3.5 out and Detroit is losing still as we speak, so we lose out on nothing after tonight other than the fact we should have won and had the opportunity right in front of us.

None of us had us sweeping this series, but that's cause we know the White Sox.

Its warm weather, we are playing 2 horses*** Central teams and so far we're 1-1.

KC has a horrible pitching staff and we are not hitting their horses*** pitchers.

That really sucks. Or should I say makes sense if all we are are a one under. 500 team.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Who knows, maybe this will be the first sox team in a long time that's a 2nd half team. I hope so. I hate to see good pitching go to waste

I think this is the week to find out if the Sox are going to repeat the "same ol", "same ol" lying down to divisional teams especially the Royals and Twins.