Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Sox versus Tigers Game thread

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
Jackson's coming out to try to finish this one, regardless of runs scored here. Everyone agree?

If we hadn't of scored, I would have went to Santos to start the 9th. With the run in, I let Jackson start the inning. If any runner gets on, its straight to the pen.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
Jackson's coming out to try to finish this one, regardless of runs scored here. Everyone agree?

Showcase baby showcase! :gosoxretro:

Are we the KC Royals now?

Guillen has definitely been more aggressive to start out the second half.

Where was this throughout the year? I guess they just think they can turn it on and off.

So much for the lack of hitting with RISP.

Great to see Edwin and the hitters fight through those two baserunning mistakes and no surrender the lead back.

That was our modus operandi for most of the first half.

This is as good as the Sox have looked for a long time. OBVIOUSLY, we've got to take it to the Royals in KC, no letting up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Did something happen to Teahen?

A lack of trust in his defense. :P

Yay, this negro league team playing in our place today has had some timely hits.

Turned on the radio broadcast in the 9th when I got home, this has been a great inning! I hope this is a sign of things to come in the 2nd half. Looks like Quentin had a nice day. f*** the Tigers! Let's go back to making them our b****.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
Is this the 2011 Chicago White Sox?

I already got fooled once with the Boston series hoping not a mirage again.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)

Not after the long inning. I'm sure we were all expecting scratching out one run at best.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
Turned on the radio broadcast in the 9th when I got home, this has been a great inning! I hope this is a sign of things to come in the 2nd half. Looks like Quentin had a nice day. f*** the Tigers! Let's go back to making them our b****.

You can get a radio feed?

And if Guillen can just sit on his hands and resist the urge to insert strategy in the bottom of the 9th and just let Jackson finish what he started, it's a white sox winner.

Haha, wow PK. Maybe the most defensive swing he's ever taken on the Sox. I bet his teammates make fun of him for that.