FUN BAD ?!?!?

clyons

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
I second the boring-bad movement.

It's really sad to think back and realize this team was fun to watch and in contention for about 6 innings on April 1st. They scored 15 runs, but gave up 10, and we were all like "Huh... well we won but didn't need that 10 runs given up...Oh well" it's literally all been downhill since then.

+1

I remember someone posted in a game thread like in the first week of the season that it was gonna be a fun summer and I totally agreed...then Thornton had a meltdown and let the A's score like 4 runs in the 9th and we eventually lost in 10.

A whole lot of suck has happened since then and they are a very boring team.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
I have never left a baseball game earlier than I did last night (top of the 3rd inning). If they were fun-bad, I'd stay, but boring-bad is pretty much unwatchable.

Wow. That says something right there.

To leave in the third inning shows what a pile of crap is out there playing ball.

How can anybody in their right mind go to tonight's game?

Even if by some miracle we won it, which we won't, it'd be a 1-3 series.

Yankees should have no trouble burying us tonight, then we go to Minnie where we give the Twins' fans hope after 3 more losses to them.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
+1

I remember someone posted in a game thread like in the first week of the season that it was gonna be a fun summer and I totally agreed...then Thornton had a meltdown and let the A's score like 4 runs in the 9th and we eventually lost in 10.

A whole lot of suck has happened since then and they are a very boring team.

the first two games of the season, I was excited for our offense.

heh.

heh.

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
It is in the don't give a bleep zone, hopefully the players will begin to take this attitude as well.

They already have if you hadn't noticed. That's probably harsh...SOME of them have I should say. The only thing I have to look forward to is a better draft pick and call ups...that and Rios' ass being firmly planted on the bench the rest of the year. Oh...and the entire staff and front office gone. This organization needs a complete overhaul and new blood/attitude brought in.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
the first two games of the season, I was excited for our offense.

heh.

heh.

I can't remember who wrote an article on ESPN online but he boldly predicted that the White Sox would finish the year with the most runs scored and not the Red Sox...ha!!!

Honestly, I didn't think we'd outscore the BoSox but I felt us having a better rotation plus a solid top 5 offense, we would be a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.

Boy, was I wrong.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
I just realized that the Sox did not draw a single walk in the entire four game series against NYY. Sometimes you just gotta tip your big, floppy clown cap.

How does Greg Walker look at himself in the mirror?