The last of KC in 2011 - 9/25 GT - 1:05pm WGN

knightni

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Rios.

That look like it hurt like a mother f***er.

That was a nice catch by Rios followed by Hawk speaking the obvious: "That post out there-if you hit it- it will hurt you" No kidding Hawkeroo!

Ok now Morel, we are in the bottom of the 8th trailing 2-0. You are the leadoff batter with a 3-1 count. Try and get on base maybe with a walk? But no we swing away and ground out. I think what we need is base runners and here a walk is as good as a hit

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Ok now Morel, we are in the bottom of the 8th trailing 2-0. You are the leadoff batter with a 3-1 count. Try and get on base maybe with a walk? But no we swing away and ground out. I think what we need is base runners and here a walk is as good as a hit

Did he swing at a pitch out of the strike zone? He's been our best hitter this month. A hit is as good as a walk.

Let me say something here maybe more out of frustration than anything, but I have been less than impressed with Dayan Vicideo since his call up. He has not done as the Soxtalk following has claimed he would do. Taking a called third strike with the bases full is ridiculous

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Let me say something here maybe more out of frustration than anything, but I have been less than impressed with Dayan Vicideo since his call up. He has not done as the Soxtalk following has claimed he would do. Taking a called third strike with the bases full is ridiculous

Viciedo is fine. And compared to Dunn, he's a superstar.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Viciedo is fine. And compared to Dunn, he's a superstar.

That I won't srgue with, but ewveryone was calling Viciedo the next Babe Ruth-our savior-etc and he just has not come through since being up.

But, we just watched Dunn-De Aza and Morel go down 1-2-3 on strike outs in the 9th. Holland ends with 4 K's to win it for KC. So frustrating to have the chance in the bottom of the 8th with the bases juiced and Dayan "Babe Ruth" Vicideo at bat and take a called third strike