2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh kayyyyyyyyyyy?

thats kind of what I was thinking when I read your reply. I just posted the trailer because I saw it and I know some people like Will Ferrell and Zach G.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
And Assistant Captain. Both are acceptable, even though I've only heard assistant.

You've only heard incorrectly.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:25 AM)
No, it stands for 'Alternate'. People only say 'Assistant' because it has been widely & falsely accepted as accurate.

Official NHL rule book

Yup.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
thats kind of what I was thinking when I read your reply. I just posted the trailer because I saw it and I know some people like Will Ferrell and Zach G.

I am not allowed to think a movie looks bad? I apologize for hurting your delicate feelings. My point was how tired I am of hearing the Black Keys on f***ing everything.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
I am not allowed to think a movie looks bad? I apologize for hurting your delicate feelings. My point was how tired I am of hearing the Black Keys on f***ing everything.

You are very much allowed, my feelings arent hurt. I honestly had no idea what you were talking about, I dont listen to the black keys so your comment made very little sense to me

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
You are very much allowed, my feelings arent hurt. I honestly had no idea what you were talking about, I dont listen to the black keys so your comment made very little sense to me

... which makes your reply all the more confusing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
Avengers in 3D in the VIP seats was awesome. Just plain action.

I found it disconcerting that they had the blurry people 3D-ed in front sometimes in the shot and everything got all blurry overall when they'd be in CGI fight scenes.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 14, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
I found it disconcerting that they had the blurry people 3D-ed in front sometimes in the shot and everything got all blurry overall when they'd be in CGI fight scenes.

CGI was weird, but the normal scene were pretty damn good. Obviously has a little ways to go for 3D to be perfect, but it really sucks you in when things are basically in front of you.

Also the people next to me were eating a full meal and that was realyl weird. You are supposed to just get stoned and house a bag of popcorn I thought?

QUOTE (knightni @ May 14, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)

The 3D for Avengers was amazing. The space scenes were especially ridiculous. I felt like I was there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
CGI was weird, but the normal scene were pretty damn good. Obviously has a little ways to go for 3D to be perfect, but it really sucks you in when things are basically in front of you.

Also the people next to me were eating a full meal and that was realyl weird. You are supposed to just get stoned and house a bag of popcorn I thought?

Surprisingly, even though I do not believe in God, I also do not do drugs.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
The Dictator was actually pretty funny outside of a ten minute detour away from the plot for the sake of doing a couple of raunchy gags.

Nice. I was worried too much of it would be forced humor that just isn't too funny. Now I just have to convince the wife to see it in the theater.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 16, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
Nice. I was worried too much of it would be forced humor that just isn't too funny. Now I just have to convince the wife to see it in the theater.

There is an Anchorman 2 teaser before it.

Also, watched most of The Change-Up last night. It was surprisingly very funny so far. I really enjoyed how Bateman and Reynolds were able to make fun of eachothers quirks and mannerisms. It really helped me believe they had actually switched bodies. Plus, I can probably watch any Ryan Reynolds movie. He is such a great actor to watch. Not because he is some great actor or anything, but he is very.....entertaining I guess? He's captivating.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 16, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Also, watched most of The Change-Up last night. It was surprisingly very funny so far. I really enjoyed how Bateman and Reynolds were able to make fun of eachothers quirks and mannerisms. It really helped me believe they had actually switched bodies. Plus, I can probably watch any Ryan Reynolds movie. He is such a great actor to watch. Not because he is some great actor or anything, but he is very.....entertaining I guess? He's captivating.

At first I thought this was written by a teenage girl.

Guess it's the Reynolds/Gosling Effect...a little bit like Will Smith when he was the same age, where no matter how good or bad the role, he always made it eminently "watchable" at the very least.

Edited by caulfield12