White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I was about to say we were getting Holland's pitch count up, then we went down 1-2-3 and Morel swung at the first pitch.

At least he actually threatened the wall.

The wall wasn't scared at all.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
Thought that one was going out.

He made good contact, but that's one of the concerns with him, and that is that he just doesn't have enough power to the opposite field to fit his swing. Oh well, baby steps

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
I was about to say we were getting Holland's pitch count up, then we went down 1-2-3 and Morel swung at the first pitch.

At least he actually threatened the wall.

I'd rather face Holland instead of getting to their bullpen

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
I'd rather face Holland instead of getting to their bullpen

Ogando's the really scary guy down there. Adams is hittable.

The hit parade continues. That line-up is like the White Sox offenses from 2000-2004/2006, when healthy. Or 2008, when we had Quentin looking like the leading MVP candidate.

Flowers and Peavy getting crossed up with the signs. Lucky Tyler knocked that ball down or it would have been a disaster.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Anyone get the feeling that Hawk isn't a fan of Peavy anymore? Even on the balk earlier, he seemed real pissed at Peavy.

I think Hawk can see that Peavy stinks

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
I'm friends with a former coach of Peavy's and he's telling me that his mechanics are just not right, right now.

my guess is he's had to tweak his mechanics because of his injury. not that surprising.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Anyone get the feeling that Hawk isn't a fan of Peavy anymore? Even on the balk earlier, he seemed real pissed at Peavy.

He knows Peavy is gone after this year no way Sox pick up option and Hawk cannot wait I wish he would rip Rios the same.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
my guess is he's had to tweak his mechanics because of his injury. not that surprising.

His arm slot is okay, but he's effectively "staying back," not attacking the plate at all. It's actually looked better to my eye the past couple batters and now his fastball his moving.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
He made good contact, but that's one of the concerns with him, and that is that he just doesn't have enough power to the opposite field to fit his swing. Oh well, baby steps

Reminds me of that Joe Crede "warning track" type power we saw out of him his first few years in a White Sox uniform.

On another note, I think you can honestly make the argument that PK entered his "prime" about a year or two ago. He's always been a great hitter but his performance over the past few years with virtually no one behind him is even more impressive than his back to back 40 HR years, IMO.