2012 Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Apparently the 100m runoff for the final women's spot happened today, but I'm waiting to watch tonight.

Well it was scheduled for tonight and was to be shown live on NBC. But the woman who originally was declared in 3rd place has withdrawn from the runoff.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Usain Bolt lost twice to Yohan Blake at Olympic trials. I'm betting Bolt still wins easily in London.

Don't count out Gatlin. He was awesome in Eugene. The USA has a chance to get 30+ medals with a talented Track team.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Don't count out Gatlin. He was awesome in Eugene. The USA has a chance to get 30+ medals with a talented Track team.

Yeah, Gatlin has made an incredible turnaround after his suspension for doping. Glad to see he still has the natural talent to compete at a high level.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
The US Olympic Swimming team is training in Knoxville the next couple weeks.

I've heard that there will not be any public access to the indoor practices, but it sounds like they will be using the outdoor pool at times, which is more accessible if anyone wants to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Usain Bolt lost twice to Yohan Blake at Olympic trials. I'm betting Bolt still wins easily in London.

I'd take that bet. Bolt is the underdog and it's even less likely he wins easily.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
team USA getting worked early again.

That turned in a hurry. Melo is on fire. Amazing the kind of player he can be when he's not the main option for an offense.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
France up 1-0 on the US. WTF?

2-0. The US continues to completely fail at defense. They blew the World Cup with awful defending and gave up 2 on the only 2 attacks France has had so far. Pretty laughable.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
2-0. The US continues to completely fail at defense. They blew the World Cup with awful defending and gave up 2 on the only 2 attacks France has had so far. Pretty laughable.

That's IT!!! I'm not watching this Olympics. It's fixed!