8/20 Yankees at White Sox

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
The manager puts his players in a position to fail or succeed. When you put a player in a situation where he's not likely to succeed, you can't blame it all on the player.

Exactly. The guy was tired obviously. Walked 2 straight batters. But hey, keep him in there. Especially when the hitter batting hits lefties better than righties. Yeah, the manager deserves no blame at all.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
You seriously come off as completely clueless. You have a guy in the pen who's only job is to get lefty's out and you keep him in to face a righty and get burned....it's your fault as a manager. When a guy fails in particular situations at a very high clip then you don't put him in that situation. Why is this so hard to understand?

You act like you know more than Robin Ventura and Cooper. A lot of you act this way. Let me tell you something: You do not know more than them. It's up to the pitchers to do the job. Some of these guys shouldn't be in the big leagues to begin with. Robin is working with what he's got.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
The manager puts his players in a position to fail or succeed. When you put a player in a situation where he's not likely to succeed, you can't blame it all on the player.

I blame most of it on the player. It makes me feel better. I'm not a second-guesser. The players have the ball in their hands. They are the ones who fail.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:09 AM)
Exactly. The guy was tired obviously. Walked 2 straight batters. But hey, keep him in there. Especially when the hitter batting hits lefties better than righties. Yeah, the manager deserves no blame at all.

I feel the player deserves much more of the blame.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:15 AM)
You act like you know more than Robin Ventura and Cooper. A lot of you act this way. Let me tell you something: You do not know more than them. It's up to the pitchers to do the job. Some of these guys shouldn't be in the big leagues to begin with. Robin is working with what he's got.

Sometimes it's simpler than that. When your long reliever has set a career high total for pitches and gives up a homer and then walks someone, you bring in your LOOGY to face their best lefty (especially when that long reliever is awful against lefties).

Robin and Coop are the end all beat all give me a break.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
PK and Rios, you don't need to take weak 0-0 swings against their loogy. You have to hope Rios isn't taking his struggles at the plate to the field, and vice versa.

Its insane that they insist swinging at the first pitch.