8/20 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
I can buy that. I'm just saying this board is too predictable from the 6th inning on ... total second guessing of Robin and Coop when the PITCHERS fail. I do hear what you are saying and you make a good point. But it's not rocket science. Robin goes with the roster he has. And he has some ultra crap relief pitchers to throw in there.

Let's say that Robin batted Hudson cleanup in the next series vs Detroit and he struck out 6 times in that series with the bases loaded, causing us to get swept. Would you still blame the players for failing and not the questionable managerial decision?

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
We are witnessing the collapse of the 2012 Yankees.

Correction: It's gotta be the Bronx Bombers on the verge of epic collapse, right? I mean, how can they lose a lead to the team who lost three to KC last weekend and have any hope for the rest of the season!

:lolhitting

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Let's say that Robin batted Hudson cleanup in the next series vs Detroit and he struck out 6 times in that series with the bases loaded, causing us to get swept. Would you still blame the players for failing and not the questionable managerial decision?

He probably would.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Correction: It's gotta be the Bronx Bombers on the verge of epic collapse, right? I mean, how can they lose a lead to the team who lost three to KC last weekend and have any hope for the rest of the season!

:lolhitting

Shhhhhhhh............... Thorntons coming in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:28 AM)

That's truly not a fair question. If Robin did that, I'd think Robin was a clown and yes I'd criticize him. Robin has shown me enough that I realize he's not a Bevington. He makes decisions re. his relievers comparable to other managers' (see Boone Logan vs. Lexi with a man on base ... HR) decisions. Robin doesn't make clown decisions like batting Huddy cleanup. He makes reasonable bullpen decisions. If his pitchers would do the f***ing job once in a while post Joe Morgan we might win the damn division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
That's truly not a fair question. If Robin did that, I'd think Robin was a clown and yes I'd criticize him. Robin has shown me enough that I realize he's not a Bevington. He makes decisions re. his relievers comparable to other managers' (see Boone Logan vs. Lexi with a man on base ... HR) decisions. Robin doesn't make clown decisions like batting Huddy cleanup. He makes reasonable bullpen decisions. If his pitchers would do the f***ing job once in a while post Joe Morgan we might win the damn division.

Well, possibly the best way I can phrase it is that Robin, especially with the bullpen, has been making decisions counter to ones that would seem to lead to the best chance of success for the ballclub.

Yes, it's the pitcher's job to get whoever out. But it's the manager's job to utilize the bullpen in a way of making sure that happens. Leaving Santiago in for 75 pitches probably wasn't the best way to do that, for example.