2012 ALCS: Tigers vs Yankees

Brian

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees get screwed by the umps. Cano clearly safe at first that would have scored one and the Yanks would have had the bases loaded with 2 outs still. I am so sick of terrible umping/reffing etc. in sports lately. Also, that really needs to be reviewable. No reason why we should have to live with umps getting that type of call wrong.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Yankees get screwed by the umps. Cano clearly safe at first that would have scored one and the Yanks would have had the bases loaded with 2 outs still. I am so sick of terrible umping/reffing etc. in sports lately. Also, that really needs to be reviewable. No reason why we should have to live with umps getting that type of call wrong.

Well said all around

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think the Tigers sweep the Yankees. Yanks just have too many guys struggling at the plate, and the Tigers have big time pitching match-up advantages after this game.

As of about an hour ago: Cano, Swisher, A-Rod, & Granderson were 9 for 85 in the postseason so far. Going into the playoffs, Cano was the hottest hitter in the world.

If the Tigers sweep, that means they can set up their rotation perfectly w/ Verlander. Ugh.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Awesome video of Valverde's reaction there

That video makes up for the entire sadness of September right there, especially if it costs DET the series.

How about Cabrera pouting in the dugout? Calm down, be a good leader, get your team going to get the lead back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 03:47 AM)
That video makes up for the entire sadness of September right there, especially if it costs DET the series.

I'm totally at peace with the Sox season this year. I'm now just rooting like crazy vs the Tigers. A Yankees win would turn a crappy sports day into a pretty pleasant one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)

How about Cabrera pouting in the dugout? Calm down, be a good leader, get your team going to get the lead back.

Cabrera is an awful "leader". Dotel got all pissed at him the other day because he wouldn't talk to reporters after Valverde blew that game in Oakland.

When a journeyman relief pitcher is questioning your leadership abilities, you suck at being a leader.