2013-2014 NFL Thread

If Cutler is healthy you play him. Not because starters dont lose their jobs to injury, but because they need to decide if theyre going to pay him lots of money to remain the teams qb after this season. Dont get me wrong, Id love for the Bears to make the playoffs, but in the grand scheme of things the likelihood of the Bears winning in Seattle or New Orleans in the playoffs is pretty low. Its much more important to get whatever decision they make with Cutler right and see what he does with the last 3 weeks of the season.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rich Gannon was a completely mediocre nobody until he went to Oakland at age 33 and began playing under Trestman.

Pre-Trestman, Gannon never had more than 16 TDs (he also had 16 INT that year). Never more than 2300 yards passing.

Gannon threw 24, 28, 27, and 26 TDs in his first 4 years with Trestman and became a 4 time pro-bowler and won 2 MVPs. Averaged 3947 yards those 4 seasons too.

This is a pretty stellar argument. I mean, if you can keep Marshall happy and dump Cutler..

s***. I forgot about Gannon... THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
If Cutler is healthy you play him. Not because starters dont lose their jobs to injury, but because they need to decide if theyre going to pay him lots of money to remain the teams qb after this season. Dont get me wrong, Id love for the Bears to make the playoffs, but in the grand scheme of things the likelihood of the Bears winning in Seattle or New Orleans in the playoffs is pretty low. Its much more important to get whatever decision they make with Cutler right and see what he does with the last 3 weeks of the season.

100% on board with this. Get as much information as you can.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)
This is a pretty stellar argument. I mean, if you can keep Marshall happy and dump Cutler..

s***. I forgot about Gannon... THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Some people were arguing that a guy at 34 doesn't suddenly become a good QB. I provided a perfect example of this and you reply with your typical douchiness with no value add whatsoever.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
Keenan Allen is already a great WR. Can't believe he fell to the third round last year.

The crossing pattern he ran last night when he jumped over the defender to get the touchdown was awesome

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
If Lovie could get an offensive minded guy with him in Texas he could do some good things down there. I can see him going to Detroit or Washington as well.

I don't know why anyone would want to coach in Washington if you had just about any other choice. It is going to end fairly quickly and really ugly.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
Look at what Shanahan is set to make next year.

I understand that, but other teams pay as well. I don't think it's worth the hassle if you have other options where you can maybe stick and sign extensions and not have to deal with all the stuff you have to deal with in that organization.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 12, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)

If the Bears don't know by now what they are willing to pay him, evaluating over the final 3 games is silly.

The fact that Cutler is starting is all you need to know about what they think. Unless something goes really wrong the next 3 weeks, like a really bad injury, they are going to at least make a huge effort to bring him back. If they were torn, the one QB who would need more evaluating is McCown.

If Lovie could get an offensive minded guy with him in Texas he could do some good things down there. I can see him going to Detroit or Washington as well.

This is always the story with him. It just seems like he simply doesnt care.

Imagine if the Bears had hired Trestman as Lovie's OC a few years ago instead of Martz or Tice (not that he would have left the CFL to be an asst.) That might have been something.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)
This is always the story with him. It just seems like he simply doesnt care.

I think he just wants someone to completely own the offense so he doesn't deal with it, as you said. So we all continued to hope he'd strike gold, but someone who isn't good at judging offenses isn't good at judging people who'd be good at running his personnel on offense.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
Was listening to the Holmes and Speigel show and they had some advanced stats for QB's from profootballfocus.com. Apparently McCown is the 4th most accurate passer behind Rogers, Rivers and Manning.

That's only because he should have had two interceptions against Dallas but their secondary has awful hands.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
That's only because he should have had two interceptions against Dallas but their secondary has awful hands.

The second one was by no means deserving of an interception, it would have been a seriously amazing play. Regardless, every QB has INTs dropped by the defense. And given we're talking about accuracy, that play wouldn't have affected his accuracy rating

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
The second one was by no means deserving of an interception, it would have been a seriously amazing play. Regardless, every QB has INTs dropped by the defense. And given we're talking about accuracy, that play wouldn't have affected his accuracy rating

I was just trolling StrangeSox. :D