Uniform Change?

ewokpelts

I don't care either way about the stripe, but I'm still miffed why they changed the arm patch from the diamond to the normal sox logo on the gray's. Makes no sense. I'm sure people watching on TV had no idea it was the White Sox even though it said "Chicago" across the front. Once they see the Sox logo on the shoulder, they get it.

It's a dumb move by Brooks. He took a really nice secondary logo and made it obsolete. The Sox logo on the arm looks so odd.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
I don't care either way about the stripe, but I'm still miffed why they changed the arm patch from the diamond to the normal sox logo on the gray's. Makes no sense. I'm sure people watching on TV had no idea it was the White Sox even though it said "Chicago" across the front. Once they see the Sox logo on the shoulder, they get it.

It's a dumb move by Brooks. He took a really nice secondary logo and made it obsolete. The Sox logo on the arm looks so odd.

I don't think they should have removed the SOX diamond logo but to say it's a nice logo is way off, it should have been re-designed.

As everybody has said, changing the diamond logo to the Sox logo was stoooooopid. Thank God I had one before they did that (hint: you can buy that diamond one as a patch and have it sewn on--I did).

The stripe is too minor for me to get concerned about. I didn't even notice it until it was posted here.

We have the coolest unis in baseball--quit screwing with them, I say.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I don't think they should have removed the SOX diamond logo but to say it's a nice logo is way off, it should have been re-designed.

It's a nice secondary logo for an arm patch. It's simple, no need to re-design something that's been there since (I'm not sure when, early 90s?). Way off, lol.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)

They wanted the Sox brand on all the jerseys. The diamond sock still is on the black unis because the SOX is on the chest.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
They wanted the Sox brand on all the jerseys. The diamond sock still is on the black unis because the SOX is on the chest.

Forgot about the black initially. But the Sox brand is on all the jerseys, you mean the specific Sox logo. Looks very odd on the arm.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
It's a nice secondary logo for an arm patch. It's simple, no need to re-design something that's been there since (I'm not sure when, early 90s?). Way off, lol.

it looks like a crusty condom, it's a poor design, a better solution would be an updated version of the Sox with wing like the 59 season.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)

Agreed. I liked the secondary logo on the gray away uniforms. They won the world series in that exact uniform...why mess with that?! ;) The primary logo on the shoulder does look funny on the road uniform.