6/21 Sox (Hector Santiago) v. Royals (Cy Guthrie)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what lineup configuration is fathomably better. The only player that is really out of place is Konerko, and you could construct an argument to say that nobody below is more deserving of that spot either.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Been a good week in the push for Carlos Rodin or Tyler Beede.

Let's keep it going.

We currently are in line for the 6th pick.

But we can get to third.

It will be tough.

But it's definitely doable.

DOABLE! Whatever happened to Steff anyway?

Greg can easily get free tickets and reduced parking ($7 the last time I went) at Kauffman.

He needs tickets for the CELL.

He probably wouldn't even have a passed ball. Not sure about his ability to throw anyone out, unless they're patrons from Applebee's who have just filled up on Baby Back Ribs and honey mustard chicken fingers and are slower than the Flying Molina Brothers.

Pitchers' duel tonight?

Frenchy in the lineup. F---.

Dunn/Viciedo/Ramirez are a combined 6 for 67 (.089) against a Guthrie. I keep expecting him to have a start where he looks like Jeremy Guthrie, but it just hasn't happened yet. I'm pretty sure he's given up the most homers in baseball though.

Edited by High Mileage

Can't say that was a great baserunning play by Ramirez, even though he was safe.

Of course, next pitch...DeAza gets thrown out at home. Alejandro taking it for granted Tejada would go home. Should have waited and froze at third, and made Tejada throw across the diamond to get Rios from his heels. Can't believe McEwing sent him on contact.

You knew 2nd and 3rd, no outs, couldn't result in a run against Guthrie.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 21, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
I hate De Aza more than anyone on this team. Yes, more than Keppinger

Keppinger just doesn't seem 100%...or, at least he wasn't at the start of the season.

He actually righted himself and did what he was expected, but by then the negative impression was already made. Part of that was his defense at 2B, or lack thereof, so when you're not hitting or fielding, you're not going to make many fans.