2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
The first two times I called tried them they didn't show. I was pretty pissed.

Yeah, that would suck. I was on the NW side of the city and the burbs by O'Hare where cabs aren't as plentiful, and 3 different times an Uber driver showed up within 15 minutes. And it was a lot cheaper than a cab, not mention so much easier to just have an online account, not worrying about tips or cash.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
Sorry to hear about her grandmother. Also - you sure you want to do that?

thanks. yea, we're sure. It's a long term proposition. We know the house will need a lot of work over time. But, it's livable while we renovate. The land is the part I am not too sure on. We dont need it, but we're not going to sell it off either. I love the 2-4 acres the main house properly is on, but the other 10 acres are not important to me. Mostly woods and marginally useful land.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Having lived in Missouri the past three years, I'd advise you to reconsider.

I'm curious as to why? Having only visited I am sure I haven't experienced the whole deal. I hear good things from the relatives I have that DO live there (2 in St. Louis, one in Bourbon, 2 just west of Springfield and a bunch by Branson).

Furniture store recommendations? Lot of stuff we have so far is from Crate and Barrel.

Anyone have good/bad experiences with places? Mainly looking for couch, love seat, dining room set, maybe a few other pieces.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 5, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
Furniture store recommendations? Lot of stuff we have so far is from Crate and Barrel.

Anyone have good/bad experiences with places? Mainly looking for couch, love seat, dining room set, maybe a few other pieces.

We had problems with Steinhafels last year. Lazy Boy has been my best bet.

Saw this on Twitter this morning, and now it's been confirmed:

http://chicagoist.com/2014/05/06/hot_dougs..._in_october.php

AVONDALE — Chicago's beloved hot dog spot, Hot Doug's, is closing permanently on Oct. 3, owner Doug Sohn confirmed Tuesday.

After posting a message about a "permanent vacation" on their website, Sohn told DNAinfo "it's time to do something else" and that they would close "for good" in October.

"For me it's time," Sohn said. "There really is no overwhelming reason other than it's time to go do something else. ... The plan is not to own a restaurant anymore."

Sohn is known for always being behind the counter at the 3324 N. California Ave. spot serving up between 700 and 800 sausages per day.

Though Sohn has "no idea" what he will do next, he said he has a "number of ideas."

"I haven't thought the plan completely through ... maybe interpretive dance," he said with a laugh. "I wonder if I'm too old for that. I don't totally know yet."

Though he said he would "never rule out" a possible Hot Doug's return, he said people should get their dogs while they can.

"I'm calling it," Sohn said. "I'm not making the hot dogs $11 yet so don't worry."

WTF Doug? Why not just let someone else run it?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 5, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)

We got most of our stuff from Macy's and it all went smoothly. Everything has held up pretty well so far.

Lost my flag football championship tonight by 4 points. It was a fun season, but man, we were so close. I've finally got my legs back under me and feel like I'm back to high school speed/quickness. I wasn't sure that I'd get back to that point. Feels really good to outrun/juke people consistently again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
I've done the SkyDeck at Sears Tower, now I really want to do this...

I SOOO want to do this!

http://www.nbcchicago.com/entertainment/th...3Dfacebook-like

Not just no, NOWAYONGODSGREENEARTHOHHELLNOf***INGWAY will I do that. SS, I don't even want you to post pictures after you do that on FB, because I moght accidentaly see them and crap my pants. :lol:

QUOTE (Tex @ May 8, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
Not just no, NOWAYONGODSGREENEARTHOHHELLNOf***INGWAY will I do that. SS, I don't even want you to post pictures after you do that on FB, because I moght accidentaly see them and crap my pants. :lol:

I've got pics from the SkyDeck on my FB page. I also did the CN tower in TOR on my honeymoon. They have a glass ring that runs through the floor where you can see all of the way to the ground from like 1300 feet up. Also road the roller coaster on top of the Statosphere in Vegas.

I love heights.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
I've got pics from the SkyDeck on my FB page. I also did the CN tower in TOR on my honeymoon. They have a glass ring that runs through the floor where you can see all of the way to the ground from like 1300 feet up. Also road the roller coaster on top of the Statosphere in Vegas.

I love heights.

So do I, I love looking *up* at them. :lol: