Sox vs. Royals, Game 2, 1:10 PM CT

Jake

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
MLB screwed us with this series. Have to play teams in Central too many times. We're catching the Royals in a stretch where they are on a roll. When they are clicking we have no chance vs. KC. Earlier in the season, Sox caught them at great times.

Duffy and Guthrie are too good for our lineup and KC is hitting now.

I'm sure this is exactly what the schedule makers were thinking when they made the schedule

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
Their offensive games are nothing alike

As far as batting average and on base, do you agree Eaton will bring Rowan-esque numbers? Or is his potential more like Damon? I like Eaton but he screams "intangible grinderman" to me with not a lot of concrete production.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
Is this code for smallish white player?

Don't go there. I've been totally colorblind regarding people for a long long time. It doesn't register with me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
As far as batting average and on base, do you agree Eaton will bring Rowan-esque numbers? Or is his potential more like Damon? I like Eaton but he screams "intangible grinderman" to me with not a lot of concrete production.

Aaron Rowand was a .273 career hitter, not a .250 hitter. And with us, he was closer to around .285. Rowand also hit 20+ HR in a year multiple times, and could crush the ball. Eaton will never do that, he is a slap hitter mostly. Rowand was a righty, Eaton a lefty. Eaton has tons of speed, Rowand had average speed.

There are far more differences with those two guys than similarities. Eaton would be closer to a Scott Podsednik with much better fielding and less base stealing ability.

We really don't have anyone from our recent past to compare Eaton to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
Still a ton of changes to be made before this team can compete. That's fine.

I've said it many times, if Robin can get this talent to play .500 ball all year he's manager of the year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
Don't go there. I've been totally colorblind regarding people for a long long time. It doesn't register with me.

Lol, calm down, I'm not claiming racism. We all know people can't be racist against white people, silly. I meant it's pretty much the only similarity between those 2 players, yet they both get labled as "grinders" for whatever reason.