Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

Kane has turned himself into a pretty damn good two way player. Is he physical in his two way play? No, not at all. But he can stay on his skates and his work with the stick defensively is excellent. Maybe still not enough like harry said though.

Edited by MAX

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stadiums was probably 50/50 Hawks fans, maybe more. Most Hawks fans did seem to get the memo to wear red, because there was red everywhere. Our section was almost entirely Hawks fans. Didn't really hear any s*** talking or much rudeness between either fanbase towards eachother. There was a baby a few rows behind us in a Hawks onezie, and they had a group of 5 or 6 younger guys maybe around 30 wearing Blues stuff. Well the guys all went to the giftshop sometime after the 1st period and came back bearing Blues gear for the baby. It was pretty funny and pretty nice for a rowdy looking bunch of fans from the opposing team.

The stadium was pretty decent. of the 4 NHL stadiums I've been to now, I'd still rank Nashville as the best, then the UC, then Blues, then Detroit.

4-3, exactly what I predicted for this road trip. I'm happy.

Oh, and this isn't NHL related, but the new Ballpark Village that is in front of Busch stadium is really great. Unfortunately for me, it was a family trip and we had an 80 year old great-uncle with us, so we didn't hang out in the big bar/mall complex, but if I lived around there, I would go there to hang out for every local sporting event.

The camera angle they showed on the video screen at the UC made it seem like that was easily a goal in overtime, that's why the place lost it when it was called a no goal. Seeing the different views now, I can see why they didn't overturn it, but wow was that close.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
The camera angle they showed on the video screen at the UC made it seem like that was easily a goal in overtime, that's why the place lost it when it was called a no goal. Seeing the different views now, I can see why they didn't overturn it, but wow was that close.

I just saw the replay and I'm not a hockey fan but why wasn't that a goal? Does the whole puck have to be over the line?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:39 PM)
I just saw the replay and I'm not a hockey fan but why wasn't that a goal? Does the whole puck have to be over the line?

Yup, the entire puck must be over the line to score a goal. It was close, but it seemed like a fraction of the puck was still on the line when he gloved it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Versteeg is back tonight, Nordstrom sent back to Rockford, so Teuvo stays up but appears to be a likely healthy scratch today.

Now that is shocking. Good for the kid though to still get those plane rides and collect an NHL check. He still should be in the lineup though. At least Q thinks he should be in the top 6, just no room right now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Now that is shocking. Good for the kid though to still get those plane rides and collect an NHL check. He still should be in the lineup though. At least Q thinks he should be in the top 6, just no room right now.

Richards seems to have hit a wall, maybe Tuevo can take his place for a little, see what happens.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I don't get why they called up Hartman and Cumiskey. Unless a trade is coming, I don't see either playing which is sad because Hartman needs to be playing like Teuvo.

Maybe Shaw is getting traded

Ross and Hartman are pretty much Shaw equivalents. I'd trade Shaw in a heartbeat. He honestly provides nothing.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I don't get why they called up Hartman and Cumiskey. Unless a trade is coming, I don't see either playing which is sad because Hartman needs to be playing like Teuvo.

Maybe Shaw is getting traded

Because they are either going to play 7/8 minutes a night, or in the press box.