Predict The Next Move

Dunt

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
not unless we really entice them as the dodgers are trying to entice the sox

to take 1 of their outfielders.

This could be a possibility. Some sort of Danks for Victorino swap might just make some crazy sense. I still prefer the Sox looked for a better option in LF but if it meant trading Danks I would not complain. A move like that actually saves the Sox 1.5M that can be added to the roughly 20M they have left to spend and maybe sign a starter like Volquez and another reliever or two. I don't know how possible that scnerio is, just throwing it out there as an example.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
This could be a possibility. Some sort of Danks for Victorino swap might just make some crazy sense. I still prefer the Sox looked for a better option in LF but if it meant trading Danks I would not complain. A move like that actually saves the Sox 1.5M that can be added to the roughly 20M they have left to spend and maybe sign a starter like Volquez and another reliever or two. I don't know how possible that scnerio is, just throwing it out there as an example.
more will happen after dec 2. we/ll see what teams will offer contracts to players.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)

It's a gamble for both sides, which seems to make it close to fair. One could only imagine how many homers Danks would give up in Boston. Maybe a lot of the line drive homers at USCF would turn into singles and doubles because of the Green Monster.

On the other hand, we can't afford to go through another season of using 4th/5th outfielders in starting roles if Victorino misses significant playing time.

FWIW, I would be MUCH more afraid if the Pesky Pole was down the LF line and Danks was starting against a RH dominant line-up.

But wasn't Danks actually more effective against lefties than righties? Would have to check the splits.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 01:55 AM)

crazy as it sounds, it just might work. question, would Bos do it.

i like it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
It's a gamble for both sides, which seems to make it close to fair. One could only imagine how many homers Danks would give up in Boston. Maybe a lot of the line drive homers at USCF would turn into singles and doubles because of the Green Monster.

On the other hand, we can't afford to go through another season of using 4th/5th outfielders in starting roles if Victorino misses significant playing time.

FWIW, I would be MUCH more afraid if the Pesky Pole was down the LF line and Danks was starting against a RH dominant line-up.

But wasn't Danks actually more effective against lefties than righties? Would have to check the splits.

According to the splits on the Sox site Danks was more effective against lefties, right handers hit him pretty good.

Another problem with Victorino is judging by his splits, he seems more like a platoon player at this point. Hits left handers OK but not so much against right handers. Sox would have to find a left handed bat to platoon with Victorino in LF.

I could tolerate one year of Victorino if it means two less years of Danks.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)

I'm totally game for Danks/Victorino.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 02:26 AM)
According to the splits on the Sox site Danks was more effective against lefties, right handers hit him pretty good.

Another problem with Victorino is judging by his splits, he seems more like a platoon player at this point. Hits left handers OK but not so much against right handers. Sox would have to find a left handed bat to platoon with Victorino in LF.

I could tolerate one year of Victorino if it means two less years of Danks.

DANG, who would've thought you had the ability to ask a great question.

:lol: ;)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
I'm totally game for Danks/Victorino.

It does not seem to be too far out there of an idea as it appears it could be a match. Boston needs starting pitching and has a surplus of outfielders while the Sox would like to trade Danks and need an outfielder or two. Boston and Chicago have made trades in recent years so who knows?

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
DANG, who would've thought you had the ability to ask a great question.

:lol: ;)

Yeah, sobriety and middle age is catching up to me quicker than I thought. :P

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
It does not seem to be too far out there of an idea as it appears it could be a match. Boston needs starting pitching and has a surplus of outfielders while the Sox would like to trade Danks and need an outfielder or two. Boston and Chicago have made trades in recent years so who knows?

That's about the most reasonable trade proposal involving Danks that I've seen so far.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 03:53 AM)
That's about the most reasonable trade proposal involving Danks that I've seen so far.

all joking aside, it is a win win situation, we will get rid of Danks contract and

get Shane who i believe will bounce back.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 03:10 AM)
Dear Phil Rogers:

Please write a Danks for Victorino trade rumor article.

You can also include Curtis Granderson and Chris Young if you like.

classic stuff there. :lol:

but would it be for Levine?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)

Initially I thought it was out there but it does make sense.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
i thought you were there when they created cave art. :lol:

I was, but that was a previous life. I actually taught the cave art class. ;)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
Dear Phil Rogers:

Please write a Danks for Victorino trade rumor article.

You can also include Curtis Granderson and Chris Young if you like.

:lol:

Good stuff Caulfield!

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
classic stuff there. :lol:

but would it be for Levine?

Levine will write his rumor after he's read Roger's article. Lol.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)

Yeah, sobriety and middle age is catching up to me quicker than I thought. :P

I am not a fan of that trade per as, but I think that the Sox should look into trading Danks at the deadline, I think that Danks is gonna have a strong year in 2015, and he could be valuable to some teams (Yankees come to mind) at the deadline.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
I am not a fan of that trade per as, but I think that the Sox should look into trading Danks at the deadline, I think that Danks is gonna have a strong year in 2015, and he could be valuable to some teams (Yankees come to mind) at the deadline.

the idea of trading Danks has been tried last yr. this yr, i honestly think he will be

with the sox. to re-establish his value. however in this scenario, it just

make perfect sense. the only problem i see, if there was a discussion, how will

Bos deal with that 2nd yr of Danks contract?

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
the idea of trading Danks has been tried last yr. this yr, i honestly think he will be

They can either write him a check for the second year or do direct deposit. It all depends on how they normally do payroll.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)

Boston is in a spot where they need to move an outfielder out of the way and the White Sox are in a spot where if they move a starting pitcher they'll have to find another starting pitcher. Danks was a more valuable player than Victorino last year and Danks is now >2 years removed from injury giving hope that he'll get a little stronger next year. For all these reasons, Boston would be eating probably most of that 2nd years salary, but they'd also fill in the back end of their rotation for those 2 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Boston is in a spot where they need to move an outfielder out of the way and the White Sox are in a spot where if they move a starting pitcher they'll have to find another starting pitcher. Danks was a more valuable player than Victorino last year and Danks is now >2 years removed from injury giving hope that he'll get a little stronger next year. For all these reasons, Boston would be eating probably most of that 2nd years salary, but they'd also fill in the back end of their rotation for those 2 years.

nice deductive reasoning with this.

Danks is among my favorites players, so i prefer him not to move. as you mention,

if the sox does trade him, there is that hole. the sox will need to venture in the free

agent pool

if the sox, of White can get him for lets say a Beck i may be willing. when this swap

was mention, with an idea that it was a great way to rid of Danks salary and getting

a hitter who may rebound.

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)
Are you aware that Hamels is a lefty???

um... apparently not. LOL, perhaps I shouldn't have just thrown that in there and then not logged in for two days. No idea why I thought Hamels was a righty, apparently I was thinking of someone else. Not sure who.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 05:02 PM)
I have a hard time buying into the Sox making an offer for Hamels. His contract is not the kind the Sox would go after in a pitcher plus I don't see the Sox giving up two or three of their best prospects the Phillies are reportedly after. You're talking Rodon, Anderson and Montas if Amaro gets his way and I don't see the Sox giving up that kind of talent and rightfully so.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Cards land Hamels. They want another pitcher, have plenty of young talent to trade, payroll space and might prefer Hamels' salary over what Lester is going to get. Lester could cost 3-5M more per year.

Boston signs Lester, Cards trade for Hamels.

I don't get the impression Hamels will get 2-3 best prospects. But that said, being lefty (now that I was reminded), I am thinking it won't happen. I wasn't even that confident when I thought he was right-handed.

RHP - LHP, i have always had a problem of that. a good to a very good pitchers is the

bottom line. not what hand he pitches. Hamels, Lester, Sale for example a very good

good pitchers. if the opportunity is there to get a great pitcher who happens to pitch

RH then find. the sox should go for the best pitcher available. an A+ front of the

rotation pitcher.

now it may be different for the pitchers in the pen.

Edited by LDF