2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 out of 5 career hits for Paulo Orlando are triples...pretty amazing.

They're calling it the Royals' Track Team/4 X 100 meter relay (Dyson/Orlando/Gore (when he's up on the roster) Cain/Rios/A.Escobar) can run with the best. KC already has 9 stolen bases in 10 games.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...&mode=video

More evidence why B.Lawrie is a d--k and you don't want him on your team, really.

Edited by caulfield12

His take out slide at 2nd? GMAB.

The butt hurt announcers are funny thinking Lawrie should be psychic and realize the dp wouldn't be turned and to not try and break it up.

He ended up spiking him but don't think it was intentional.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
Moustakas and Hosmer might be punks sometimes, but Lawrie trumps them both.

And at least Erik was one of the main guys to pay for a huge open bar tab for KC fans at the Power and Light District after a huge playoff win last year...

They way they treated that reporter last year was shameful. They were total assholes. You should take your Royals cap off.

Funny, but Ned Yost specifically mentioned how Jeff Samardzija beaned one of his players right after a homer and absolutely nothing happened to him....so not sure how the White Sox exactly have the moral ground.

Remember, the Sox also didn't lose a player from their starting line-up as a result of a controversial Lawrie late slide with his spikes a bit higher than they should have been into a key middle infielder, either.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
KC quickly becoming a really unlikable team

Specifically, YVentura, despite having a world of talent, is a hothead punk. Sal Perez knows it, as you can see how quickly he's ready to corral the guy when the shenanigans start.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Wow, Herrera throws behind Lawrie and is ejected. Benches cleared.. Why are they throwing at him again? Is once not enough?

Because Kazmir threw at Cain early in the game and nothing happened to him or Melvin.

I'd love to see this type of spirit and enthusiasm on the White Sox. The home crowd basically won that game for the Royals...you just had the feeling there was no way they weren't going to at least come back and tie it.

Escobar is their brother. Ventura and Herrera have his back. Simple. All the Hispanic players on that team are bonded together, with Sal Perez as the father/mentor/advisor despite his young age, the AL equivalent of Yadier Molina. The Royals are simply showing they're not going to be pushed around by anyone in baseball anymore (plus, nobody except his teammates can stand Lawrie). LaRussa did the same thing for years and years and people called him a master tactician/hardass. So be it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
Because Kazmir threw at Cain early in the game and nothing happened to him or Melvin.

I'd love to see this type of spirit and enthusiasm on the White Sox. The home crowd basically won that game for the Royals...you just had the feeling there was no way they weren't going to at least come back and tie it.

Escobar is their brother. Ventura and Herrera have his back. Simple. All the Hispanic players on that team are bonded together, with Sal Perez as the father/mentor/advisor despite his young age, the AL equivalent of Yadier Molina. The Royals are simply showing they're not going to be pushed around by anyone in baseball anymore (plus, nobody except his teammates can stand Lawrie). LaRussa did the same thing for years and years and people called him a master tactician/hardass. So be it.

You should change your name to Kap. You are the David Kaplan of Soxtalk, only he loves the Cubs and you love the Royals.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
You should change your name to Kap. You are the David Kaplan of Soxtalk, only he loves the Cubs and you love the Royals.

No, I love teams that play baseball the right way, with energy/excitement and enthusiasm...imposing their will with speed, solid fundamentals and great defense.

Basically, the opposite of the White Sox since 2008/10/12.

Remember how the Twins were the small market "underdogs" (they were even rumored to be leaving the Twin Cities in 2001)...well, the Royals simply inherited that role vis a vis the White Sox and Tigers.

Of course, I have a LITTLE bias deep down because I lived in Kansas City from 1996-2007...and watched many a White Sox team absolutely throttle the Royals, even felt sorry for their fans (like the time Ascencio threw 16 consecutive balls to walk in a run).

I will always root for the White Sox first, but the Royals 2nd (when not playing the Sox), as well as the Dodgers, Cardinals and Rangers now (because I know their manager).

Heck, it's going to be a VERY long baseball season if the only thing to keep me interested in the season is Carlos Rodon after a mere two weeks.

We all have our rooting interests. You love to support Ventura/Beckham/Danks against the world and pick on Don Cooper. Fine. Enjoy yourself. Have at it. Remember, I predicted Beckham would hit under .240 last season and over .270 this year and I'll have been right both times. Not that anyone will care about Gordon by the end of this year, anyway.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)

Didn't know that. Was it clear he was trying to hit him?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
No, I love teams that play baseball the right way, with energy/excitement and enthusiasm...imposing their will with speed, solid fundamentals and great defense.

Basically, the opposite of the White Sox since 2008/10/12.

Remember how the Twins were the small market "underdogs" (they were even rumored to be leaving the Twin Cities in 2001)...well, the Royals simply inherited that role vis a vis the White Sox and Tigers.

Of course, I have a LITTLE bias deep down because I lived in Kansas City from 1996-2007...and watched many a White Sox team absolutely throttle the Royals, even felt sorry for their fans (like the time Ascencio threw 16 consecutive balls to walk in a run).

I will always root for the White Sox first, but the Royals 2nd (when not playing the Sox), as well as the Dodgers, Cardinals and Rangers now (because I know their manager).

Heck, it's going to be a VERY long baseball season if the only thing to keep me interested in the season is Carlos Rodon after a mere two weeks.

We all have our rooting interests. You love to support Ventura/Beckham/Danks against the world and pick on Don Cooper. Fine. Enojoy yourself. Have at it. Remember, I predicted Beckham would hit under .240 last season and over .270 this year and I'll have been right both times. Not that anyone will care about Gordon by the end of this year, anyway.

You are not going to believe this but look it up. The White Sox, the team you said had aboit a 1 in 300 chance of making the playoffs with 159 left on the schedule,, as bad as they have played, have exactly the same record through 11 games as your beloved Royals in 2014.

Edited by Dick Allen