NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Cuz he saw how much Biefledt helped Indiana? I would've rather they let Spike stay here but they're high on Simpson coming in.

But if the guy isnt even good enough for you to suit him up, dont you want him taking a scholarship on a team instead of a good player? It makes no sense to me.

And Simpson is awesome, love him as s player.

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Cuz he saw how much Biefledt helped Indiana? I would've rather they let Spike stay here but they're high on Simpson coming in.

Spike would look great in Valpo's back court next year, and it would put him close to home again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
Originally, yes. But after sitting out, he can't leave a year on the table.

I don't get the point of blocking Spike and I'm a Michigan fan. Let him go wherever. Who knows if he can even stay healthy. Coaches have reasons that aren't made public. Happens all the time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
I don't get the point of blocking Spike and I'm a Michigan fan. Let him go wherever. Who knows if he can even stay healthy. Coaches have reasons that aren't made public. Happens all the time.

Right, let him tie up a scholly that a good player could have taken.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Right, let him tie up a scholly that a good player could have taken.

He would be a great player at a mid major. I always thought that was the route he was going to go after watching him play for a few years in HS. It amazed me he made Michigan's team, and contributed.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
So Illinois insider people on twitter seem to think Tilmon to Illinois is a done deal, with Goodwin to follow. Announcement in the next week or two. If true, finally some positive news for the program

It looks like Meyer changed his prediction to Tilmon to Illinois today also. If they could get Tilmon and Goodwin in the mix, this would arguably be the best Illini recruiting class since the Self era.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 07:39 AM)
If you're a grad transfer, particularly one who was told there's no scholis left, you should not be restricted anywhere IMO.

I don't think any student athlete should have to sit out a full year if they transfer. But you can only transfer once to be eligible in 4 or 5 years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Kara Hammer ‏@KaraHammer 4m4 minutes ago Nashville, TN

I hear #Vanderbilt has been waiting on Bryce Drew. NIT is over...just a matter of time.

Yep, have a feeling GT is going to end up with a terrible hire

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
He'd be a great fit for a team that needs a smart PG.

I don't see a big program taking that risk on him. His hips are still bad. Hope I'm wrong

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Big fan, was worried yesterday when it seemed Vandy would get Drew. Kind of surreal that Roger Powell might be an assistant at GT.

Ha, I missed the Vanderbilt part of that tweet, I thought it was referring to GT. Never mind.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Big fan, was worried yesterday when it seemed Vandy would get Drew. Kind of surreal that Roger Powell might be an assistant at GT.

Drew was one of the runners up at ISU.