White Sox vs. Indians 5/20 Game Thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 21, 2015 -> 03:43 AM)
That's completely astonishing. Wow, Robin. Wow.

So many holes on this team. I don't blame Robin for starting Jennings this inning, problem is to many players just aren't good on this roster right now.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 20, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
You don't use your closer in the 7th inning. period.

I'd rather him pitch with runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs of a 1-1 tie in the 7th than pitching the 9th with the bases empty. Anyway, it's a moot point, it was never gonna happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
So many holes on this team. I don't blame Robin for starting Jennings this inning, problem is to many players just aren't good on this roster right now.

Maybe not starting the inning (although I wouldn't have), but to keep him in after the first two hitters was really poor, never mind leaving him in for the next three.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 03:45 AM)
you cant expect Robin to look at those kind of stats. just got to go with your gut, you know?

When Jennings is bad...he's really bad. In the 4 games he's given up runs, it's all been multiple run outings. Problem is this team absolutely cannot continue to keep 2 long relievers on the roster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 02:47 AM)
Brantley's a top 5 MVP caliber player when healthy.

Not a surprise there. At least, it shouldn't be.

He's also hitting lefties better than righties this year. Problem was Petricka isn't good vs lefties this year.

Quintana's record throughout his brief career with our Sox needs to stop being described as just "bad luck", but rather on the poor ensemble supporting him that, overall, has been unable to get the team to the postseason in recent years.