White Sox vs Orioles Game 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Another disappointing offensive performance so far. Got to find a way to get some runs off of an average AAA starter.

You better put this sentence in better context or Dick will let you know you need to sign with a major league team...

But seriously, this offense is awful. Shuck being our only offensive weapon is pretty weak.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 28, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
You don't think Carlos Sanchez is going to be a good hitter. You're arguing just to argue here.

I don't think he will be that good no. But to call a guy "non threatening" because he didn't hit a pitch is silly. And then say he has had BABIP fueled streaks, which I bet a lot of players who are considered good hitters have, and make no mention that his BABIP is currently about .250, so he probably could be doing better. But I will give him credit for being the first to tell us Carlos Sanchez will always be a non threatening hitter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
It is funny you dismiss hot streaks due to BABIP, but don't seem to care what his BABIP is up until this point when you just say he is awful at about 30 AB.

An average BABIP is about .300. I'm (not dismissing) but questioning hot streaks when they came with .449 and .426. .250 is not a BABIP well over 100 points away from the norm. The worst hitters in the league often have BABIPs around .260. And for that matter, even a normal BABIP and he'd still have an awful line. His BABIP last year was .326 and it produced an awful line.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 28, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
An average BABIP is about .300. I'm (not dismissing) but questioning hot streaks when they came with .449 and .426. .250 is not a BABIP well over 100 points away from the norm. The worst hitters in the league often have BABIPs around .260. And for that matter, even a normal BABIP and he'd still have an awful line. His BABIP last year was .326 and it produced an awful line.

His .344 in AAA last year put up a decent line, and that is not too crazy of a BABIP for a non homer guy, plus he is 23 years old, he isn't a finished product. I think he can be an average to slightly above average hitter at the major league level. And who knows, he may get better than that.

Edited by Dick Allen