**7/7 Tad less epic game Thread! Sox vs Jays**

Brian

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 02:48 AM)
You know Melky has been our best hitter the past few week right?

That's like saying Cutler is the Bears' best quarterback the last 8 weeks of last season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 02:49 AM)
If every single batter isn't going up to Q and apologizing ferociously, they're wrong.

Call up Micah and Davidson. Davidson can't be any worse than Conor and then Gordon can go back to a backup INF role.

Amen. I'd endorse those two moves!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 4m4 minutes ago

#WhiteSox lose to Jays, 2-1, have scored 4 runs or less in 24 straight home games. #notgood

Now THAT'S how to make the fans want to come out, ricky.

Again why would people pay hard earned money to see this crap. It is summer in a hitters ballpark they still suck.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:53 AM)
Beckham is batting like .205, he is horrible at hitting

Davidson might hit .150 in the big leagues, but if he can play solid defense and hit an occasional homer and walk, he could probably end up being just as valuable as most of these guys.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 4m4 minutes ago

#WhiteSox lose to Jays, 2-1, have scored 4 runs or less in 24 straight home games. #notgood

Now THAT'S how to make the fans want to come out, ricky.

WOW that is embarrassing

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)
Again why would people pay hard earned money to see this crap. It is summer in a hitters ballpark they still suck.

They don't even come close to hitting home runs. Maybe 1-2 fly balls to the warning track per game it seems.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
They don't even come close to hitting home runs. Maybe 1-2 fly balls to the warning track per game it seems.

Easily the most boring team in 20 years hands down offensively.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Not the moves that should be made, like dumping Kenny and his sidekick Ricky

The problem is I think if Hahn had his way, he'd go young and rebuild like so many other teams have done the past few years (Astros, Cubs, Twins) but the Sox have always had a mindset under KW (and perhaps by orders of JR) to never go that route. The Sox will always try to put the most competitive team on the field which is good however when you get to the point where they are now and you're dishing out contracts to 35 and 36 year old players and the result is always the same, it's time to try something new.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
The problem is I think if Hahn had his way, he'd go young and rebuild like so many other teams have done the past few years (Astros, Cubs, Twins) but the Sox have always had a mindset under KW (and perhaps by orders of JR) to never go that route. The Sox will always try to put the most competitive team on the field which is good however when you get to the point where they are now and you're dishing out contracts to 35 and 36 year old players and the result is always the same, it's time to try something new.

I don't know what Hahn would do, but I don't think he would have done this. It really looked to me like a KW offseason in December 2014.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
276 runs in the first 81 games. I mean, seriously?

On pace for only 552 runs. In 43 previous 162 game seasons would be 3rd lowest.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)

Hahn IS getting his way. His way IS Kenny's way, it IS Reinsdorf's way. This idea that Hahn has some philosophy or point of view different than that of his two bosses which is somehow being suppressed is pure fantasy. One of the moderators here will tell you over and over and over again how Hahn chose to stay with the White Sox over a myriad of other GM job opportunities out there. Doesn't sound like that decision came from a man unhappy about not getting his way, now does it. No, the White Sox "way" has been, is, and will continue to be co-developed by Jerry, Kenny, and Rick, and Hahn is perfectly fine with that.

Edited by Thad Bosley