8/27 Sox ( Rodon) vs. Mariners (Elias)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Ramirez and Saladino back to back. Gotta throw a semi competent bat in between them.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Perseverance.

Also this is why Robin is a terrible f***ing manager. He doesn't think before he puts a line up together.

Can't wait for Ramirez to be gone.

Just out of curiosity, what would you do differently?

Bat Sanchez 2nd with Melky between Lexi and Saladino. Bat Trayce between em? Avi?

You can't wait for Lexi to be gone but you're advocating one of those guys hit behind him?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Just out of curiosity, what would you do differently?

Bat Sanchez 2nd with Melky between Lexi and Saladino. Bat Trayce between em? Avi?

You can't wait for Lexi to be gone but you're advocating one of those guys hit behind him?

Ramirez shouldn't be in the line up.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
OK sooo, Saladino is out there as is Sanchez. Are you advocating Robin should be playing Beckham?

Yes.

Beckham sucks but atleast he plays team ball. Moves runners over and puts together competent ABs when he needs too.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 28, 2015 -> 02:54 AM)
Time to clean this lineup up. Get rid of some guys

Yes sir. But Rodon for President as well! He's special. Shut him down the rest of the year and let him enjoy this success.

Rodon pitched a total of 123.1 innings last year and this year he's at 122.2. As long as his arm, shoulder and finger (blister) are OK there's zero reason to shut him down. He,like any other young pitcher, needs to build up his innings and the only way to do that is to exceed the previous years totals. As long as Rodon is healthy, shutting him down would be stupid.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...?P=carlos-rodon

Edit: I was reminded in another thread about Rodon's innings total and I had forgotten about ST. He is getting up there in innings for a 22 year old in his first MLB season. If he stays healthy I would let him go to around the 150 mark and consider s***ting him down. I do think moving EJ into the rotation and getting starters an extra day off could help make it easier on Rodon, especially at the end of his first full season.

Edited by BlackSox13