9/8/15- Cleveland @ Sox 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 03:47 AM)
Clev. announcer were talking about his delivery. He doesn't hide the ball and hitters can still get around in him.

I've never been high on him because of the delivery. I know the Royals' Holland had a couple amazing seasons doing the same thing.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 03:48 AM)
You think in a vacuum Trayce puts up a higher war than Saladino if both started over a full season at their respective positions? I'm leaning towards one of these guys having to play next year. Trayce already worth a 1 war but also pretty unsustainable.

Considering they both play good defense, seems it would be easier for Saladino. With that said, I do question if the org is as high on Saladino as we thought. I'm surprised how Saladino has been sent to bench since Olt came on.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:05 AM)
September games in an empty ballpark when seemingly no one in the world cares about the White Sox...suck. Thank you again. Mr. Reinsdorf.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the empty seats. This team had a problem with playing meaningful baseball. It came out of the gate 0-3 vs. KC before big crowds and never decided to be competitive again. I don't know what it's going to take to significantly climb over .500 again. I wish baseball would change its ridiculous schedule format. Sox obviously cannot get up for these Central Division teams, that is apparent.

Edited by greg775

Great to see Rodon and Trayce play well. Seems like Avi might finish strong as well. Avi has to hit 280 or higher if he's ever going to be a solid starter. I give him a pass this year because of all the time he missed from the injury and even though he got in some games last year a major injury like that isn't easy to overcome. But next year he has to hit 285/335/450 as his defense is what it is at this point.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
Great to see Rodon and Trayce play well. Seems like Avi might finish strong as well. Avi has to hit 280 or higher if he's ever going to be a solid starter. I give him a pass this year because of all the time he missed from the injury and even though he got in some games last year a major injury like that isn't easy to overcome. But next year he has to hit 285/335/450 as his defense is what it is at this point.

Isn't he 3rd on the team in RBIs?

Saladino doesn't have the bat for third. That's pretty obvious. So they let Olt have a crack at it. Saladino should play short right now, but the Sox insist on playing all veterans.

Thompson has been killing the ball. No reason for him to not play every day. We might have a gem.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
Saladino doesn't have the bat for third. That's pretty obvious. So they let Olt have a crack at it. Saladino should play short right now, but the Sox insist on playing all veterans.

Thompson has been killing the ball. No reason for him to not play every day. We might have a gem.

I'm a little cautious after checking his ML stats.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)
Why?

To have him healthy going into next year. Hahn said that his innings are precious resource as far as this year is concerned and that they wanted to keep an eye on them. Minors and majors combined, he's at 135I to 140?

Plus what is he pitching for, not like the Sox are contending.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 01:15 AM)
To have him healthy going into next year. Hahn said that his innings are precious resource as far as this year is concerned and that they wanted to keep an eye on them. Minors and majors combined, he's at 135I to 140?

Plus what is he pitching for, not like the Sox are contending.

If we want him to pitch 200 innings next year we should not shut him down yet.