2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

He'll be on ballot in all 50 states. They need to let him on debates.

Johnson will take far more votes away from Trump than from Hillary. Hillary should be insisting that he get in the debates, and Trump probably isn't bright enough to refuse.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 8, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
I didn't say all of Trump's supporters are hateful and violent. I said that Trump's hatefulness is what is appealing to his voters emotionally. Most Trump supporters don't even know what he really stands for.

He has issued explanations of many of his proposals on his Website. The media would rather discuss bathrooms, however. He has a health care plan. He has a security plan. If it's Trump vs. Hillary I'm gonna have to vote Trump.

He has issued explanations of many of his proposals on his Website. The media would rather discuss bathrooms, however. He has a health care plan. He has a security plan. If it's Trump vs. Hillary I'm gonna have to vote Trump.

That doesn't mean his supporters have read them. The only thing I hear from Trump supporters is that they're tired of politicians and Trump is different. I've never heard one discuss his positions.

No, because while Trump said that he doesn't know how anyone could live off of the minimum wage, within a few hours he also stated that he doesn't think the minimum wage should be raised.

His tax policy on his campaign site is still a massive tax cut for the wealthy.

He's sounding like a guy who says whatever is best at that particular moment in time because he realizes that, at least up until this point, policy has not mattered at all.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 5, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
I imagine it's too late for him to get primaried at this point

This is wrong, apparently the House primary isn't until August 7th.

Imagine your response if someone told you in 2012 that this would happen in 2016:

"Speaker Paul Ryan possibly could be Cantor'd thanks to the work of Sarah Palin, after he refused to endorse Republican Nominee Donald Trump"

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
If anyone is on the ballot, they should be included in debates. They fact they're not is why people say the system is rigged.

There is a reason the Democrats and Republicans have a strangle hold on power, and that is they have rigged the rules and system to make sure that no other people or parties can be heard. That is the way they want it, and that is the way that it will stay. The party faithful sheep will continue to justify the means to make sure it doesn't change.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Trump's positions change every day.

On minimum wage and taxing the rich, he's now sounding like a Democrat.

Trump and Clinton don't need to debate each other. They can just debate themselves.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
No, because while Trump said that he doesn't know how anyone could live off of the minimum wage, within a few hours he also stated that he doesn't think the minimum wage should be raised.

His tax policy on his campaign site is still a massive tax cut for the wealthy.

He's sounding like a guy who says whatever is best at that particular moment in time because he realizes that, at least up until this point, policy has not mattered at all.

So long as he "sees the light" though and ultimately lands on the side liberals want, he'll be totally ok! See also, Clinton, Hillary.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
I don't think liberals are all that thrilled about Trump so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Trump not having strong policy positions or flip flopping on positions shouldn't be a big deal if you go by the history of how liberals have viewed other candidates like Hillary or even Obama. So long as he eventually ends up on the "right" side of the issue, all is forgiven and he is still a worthy candidate.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 8, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Serious question now that Trump is the nominee. Who are you fellow Republicans planning to support in the GE? Are you writing in candidates?

I live in NY so probably Gary Johnson. If I lived in a state where my vote mattered I'd probably suck it despite how much I hate her and vote for Hillary

Serious question now that Trump is the nominee. Who are you fellow Republicans planning to support in the GE? Are you writing in candidates?

I'm not a Republican but I am a right-leaning independent. I could have supported Kasich, Christie, Paul and possibly Rubio. I could actually support someone with positions similar to either Trump or Hillary if they weren't such loathsome people, but I can't in good conscience bring myself to vote for either. Almost certainly voting for Johnson. I would love to see a big organization of support to try and get him up over 5%. Maybe this gets the ball rolling to more 3rd party/independent support in future elections.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)
Trump's positions change every day.

On minimum wage and taxing the rich, he's now sounding like a Democrat.

Follow

Donald J. TrumpVerified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

Why does the media, with a strong push from Crooked Hillary, keep pushing the false narrative that I want to raise taxes. Exactly opposite!

5:57 AM - 10 May 2016

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2016 -> 02:39 AM)
The US individual tax rates are barely higher than France's...

What do we get? Basic services like police, fire, roads, water, decaying infrastructure, an embarrassingly slow internet compared to Japan/South Korea/Singapore, lousy public schools and almost 60% of that money is going to WARFARE, which has actually made the world appreciably LESS safe since 2001. Oh, and all the bank bailouts, with not a single white collar executive prosecuted in the banking or home mortgage industry.

In France, you get higher funding for arts, high speed trains, great public schools with 2-3 Michelin** healthy cuisine, free nursing care, free prescription medicine/s, FOUR weeks of paid vacation per year mandated by the government, paid maternity leave (the US is one of only two countries in the world without it, many offer 4-6 months), paid sick leave, free daycare, free college/university and ALL THE BASIC services for just about 5-10% more in taxes.

Trump, more than anything represents an end to the traditional/establishment Republican party:

The new brand is:

1) Anti-immigration/foreigner

2) Anti-free trade/globalization

3) For protecting entitlement programs and not privatizing them

4) Limited military spending (getting allies to pay higher/fairer share)

5) Not fighting any of the traditional "social/family/religious" values arguments anymore, except for niche issues like transgender bathrooms that not even Democrats/liberals agree upon

6) For protecting American jobs/labor

7) Anti-establishment/at least pretends to be anti Wall Street to some extent because of his own money

If you strip away some of the hateful parts of Trumpism, it will win you all those states like West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Indiana that were in Hilary's column 8 year ago (and anti-Obama) but have now also turned anti-Clinton/establishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv3ztlYPa1A

lqlz, resistance is futile. Honey Badger is in like Flynn. Short of some Soros-Diebold style shenanigans, or the conveniently-Scalia-free SCOTUS failing to stop the Dems usual attempt to register millions of illegals, felons, the dead + bribe the rest with Obamatablets....

Trump has smashed P. despite

-no filter for his big stupid mouth ("Ban Muslims", KKK, "Punish Women 4 Abortions", Disband NATO, Default on Debt, etc, etc, etc)

-no real intention to win, initially

-no ground-game

-no strategists

-no speechwriters

-no ad buys

-no debate or interview coaches (nor would listen to them if even they existed on paper)

-no pollsters

-no preparation (even most naturally gifted, experienced statesmen, practice endlessly!)

...all while having faced 10 months' worth of unprecedented propaganda tidal-wave from BOTH sides, including FOX and Conservative Radio (typical MSM "journalist" question: "Mr. Trump, some say you are worse than Voldermort McHitler. Why are you so terrible, and don't you think your undeniable all-around awfulness will be the final nail in coffin of the racist, sexist, capitalist Hell-Party which you purport to represent...?)

Even though the numbers are not even worth paying attention to yet, should be noted even Reagan trailed Carter by as many as 30 points in early polling. Moreover, many R's, D's and I's and unaffiliated 1st timers not yet feel safe admitting they are on the bandwagon. Yet Trump already is essentially tied or ahead of Hillary in Penn, Oh, Fla. And he's isn't even 1/10 the polished product he could be 6 months from now. The clown mask will be shed, dash for Center; party consolidated. Even Sheldon Adelson had an "epiphany", haha.

All that's needed is another mass-attack in Europe, or an just one Snackbarist sneaking through the porous Mexican border and setting off a big car bomb or maybe a little dirty one in the Financial district. Odds are pretty high, considering how penetrated the Latin American continent is by GJ (both Sunni and Shia variety). Matter of time, sadly.

Hillary's so dirty, the email thing alone, mercy, DOJ and FBI are already prepping for war...

Don't like Morning in America 2.0? Butt-hurt over the US actually having a border and rule of law, for a change? I suggest start packing. Canada is nice. If anyone could use restorative powers of travel, it's Americans. :)

ps. someone mentioned they wouldn't want their kids to be like Trump. You wish. Reality check: somehow "evil" Trump managed to raise a SUPERSTAR family, one kid more exemplary than the other in just about every way.

(Whereas fake "nice guy" media-darling like Jeb Bush raised felons; Dubya's daughters were famously drunk whores... all while Hillary, Bernie and John Kasich themselves are well known to be raging douche-nozzles IRL. So yah, you can keep your faux-rolemodels & pitiful moral-poseury)

fact

np:

I like your style L.Ron Paulard! That italicized quote about the media is what I've been trying to convey!

We are in the minority, L. Ron, but we can only hope/beg that the FBI has the guts to indict Hillary. I dont' get why a majority of this board has no problem with all the insults tossed Trump's way and yet we imply Hillary broke the law or is a liar liar pants on fire and we get roasted. Cmon FBI! Work harder.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
I like your style L.Ron Paulard! That italicized quote about the media is what I've been trying to convey!

We are in the minority, L. Ron, but we can only hope/beg that the FBI has the guts to indict Hillary. I dont' get why a majority of this board has no problem with all the insults tossed Trump's way and yet we imply Hillary broke the law or is a liar liar pants on fire and we get roasted. Cmon FBI! Work harder.

That's a good thing.

Trump, $1.5 million per speech...Bill Clinton $750,000

Nobody wants to hear Hillary Clinton speeches, that's why they're remarkably cheaper compared to the big guns.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-do...one-else-2015-8

Although I'm not 100% sure you're going to get accurate numbers. In all likelihood, his accountants write them off as donations to The Trump Foundation or other charities.

Edited by caulfield12