2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

I guess Kasich ruined it last night. He admitted that man contributes to climate change. Highly praised by liberals, who aren't going to vote for him anyway, and now getting absolutely trashed by conservatvies, who are now less likely to vote for him than they already were.

Silly guy, thinking you can be honest and still get Republicans to vote for you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 08:09 AM)
He said he wants to finish a wall, as in the existing one. Not build some monstrosity like Trump wants. Kasich's also held this position from the beginning. But hey, details don't matter to Trump fanboys.

Then he should have made clear he was talking about the fence and not right Trump's coat tails for the only wall people are thinking about. He's going for the VP nod, I get it. I was okay with it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
He's moderate on social issues (except abortion) but his tax plan, while not nearly as far right as Cruz/Rubio, is still not very friendly to the middle/lower classes. He seems more willing to compromise across the aisle though which would never happen with the others, especially not Cruz.

Republican economic policy in general is not for the middle and lower classes. Kasich has experience with actual budgetary discussion vs Trump who "will get better deals" and continually declares bankruptcy.

I dont get the Ohio hate, they are in a much better state than Illinois is and we elected Obama. Ohio is in the top tier of credit ratings in this country.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
I guess Kasich ruined it last night. He admitted that man contributes to climate change. Highly praised by liberals, who aren't going to vote for him anyway, and now getting absolutely trashed by conservatvies, who are now less likely to vote for him than they already were.

Silly guy, thinking you can be honest and still get Republicans to vote for you.

I thought he had a good night for people who are figuring out who to vote for, his economic points were spot on. Meanwhile Trump just kept repeating he was going to negotiate deals everywhere. Yes, what I want is the government to be even slower while they bid out everything.

I thought he had a good night for people who are figuring out who to vote for, his economic points were spot on. Meanwhile Trump just kept repeating he was going to negotiate deals everywhere. Yes, what I want is the government to be even slower while they bid out everything.

I have a wide variety of friends, from people who are so far left they think Hillary is a Republican, to people who are so far right they can't tell the difference between Bernie Sanders and John Kasich. The folks on the right were spewing all kinds of venom Kasich's way last night and this morning.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
I have a wide variety of friends, from people who are so far left they think Hillary is a Republican, to people who are so far right they can't tell the difference between Bernie Sanders and John Kasich. The folks on the right were spewing all kinds of venom Kasich's way last night and this morning.

Lolololol

The people against Kasich do not realize he is there only chance for the GOP. Do you think America today will vote for the likes of Rubio, Cruz, and Trump.

FFS Republicans love to throw elections.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)

The folks on the right need to understand he may be the best chance of having a republican in the white house. If you lean right because of economic policy then he's a great choice. If you lean right because you think the bible is the law and religion should rule, then Cruz is your guy. Rubio to me is a puppet who will be run by the GOP and Trump simply appeals to people who dont listen and apparently the racist population of the US or are fed up with "politicians."

We spent how much time talking about ISIS and the middle east last night and its not even in the top ten things threatening the lives of Americans. Thats where we are in politics today.

The folks on the right need to understand he may be the best chance of having a republican in the white house. If you lean right because of economic policy then he's a great choice. If you lean right because you think the bible is the law and religion should rule, then Cruz is your guy. Rubio to me is a puppet who will be run by the GOP and Trump simply appeals to people who dont listen and apparently the racist population of the US or are fed up with "politicians."

We spent how much time talking about ISIS and the middle east last night and its not even in the top ten things threatening the lives of Americans. Thats where we are in politics today.

These people don't care. To them, Kasich isn't evan a Republican.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
These people don't care. To them, Kasich isn't evan a Republican.

And thats interesting to me. I always felt (being from Chicago) that republican generally supported the party because of its economic policies and the resistance of a federally run country. I guess there are many more people who are republicans because of the Bible, religion and restricting one's rights over themselves.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)

It finally hit me. His campaign is literally Hope and Change 2016.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Look at the trash trying to fight at the Trump Rally in Chicago. I dont identify with meth-head white trash who vote for someone because of racism.

I go to UIC, I'm in the thick of it now. I hope cooler heads prevail because s*** could pop off at any minute.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
It finally hit me. His campaign is literally Hope and Change 2016.

In terms of lack of specificity? Yup.

In terms of emotional appeal? Parallel, but playing opposite ends. Both playing to frustration of course. Except where Obama was trying to play up hope and positivity, Trump plays up hate and anger.

In terms of honesty (relative to politicians)? Obama lied and stretched here and there like all of them, but Trump does it at an unprecedented level.

In terms of political skill? Very similar in many ways, yes, though obviously with different resumes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
In terms of lack of specificity? Yup.

In terms of emotional appeal? Parallel, but playing opposite ends. Both playing to frustration of course. Except where Obama was trying to play up hope and positivity, Trump plays up hate and anger.

In terms of honesty (relative to politicians)? Obama lied and stretched here and there like all of them, but Trump does it at an unprecedented level.

In terms of political skill? Very similar in many ways, yes, though obviously with different resumes.

This works for me. I was going more for #1 and the first part of #2. I won't disagree with #3 or #4 either.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
I was going to go down to the west loop to watch the hawks tonight but I fear the racist idiots that are going to be starting fights

You might be isis, they have to punch you in the face. maybe even kill you

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Forgot which thread I was in. Thought you were talking about IU fans leaving Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Zing.

I'm not kidding though. I was walking pass and got heckled. It was truly lol worthy.

Man never seen a longer line for the event. Guy ahead of me got kicked out trying to bring a knife in so that was nice. It's secret service, dumbass. Around 1k protestors here chanting "uncle tom and "shame on you" towards black trump supporters. Keeping it real classy. Probably a hundred people kicked out already. Trump hasn't even come on yet.