2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
but we never had this dude.

takethathaters.gif

But one player doesn't alter the game as much in baseball.

But my general point is s*** can fall apart real fast.

Hell, look at the '05 to '07 change in the White Sox

I thought that was dumb a lot of people were picking the Giants after that lucky Gillaspie homer and 3-0 win. They were going by the every other year thing and the fact they had pitching to do it. The fact is they won an extra inning game and would not have Baumgartner til game three. The only way I saw SF having a chance is if Madison could have pitched Game One and that was impossible. Cubs still had home field and a far superior llineup and roster.

The pundits must feel stupid right now falling for the Giants hype off one playoff game vs. the Mets. Sure the Giants coulda got lucky in a five game series had they pulled out Game One and had Baumgartner available in Game Three, but Cubs are far superior team and have home field.

Nobody should have been picking the Giants. And Cubs have great advantage in any 7 game series coming up cause of talent. Maybe homefield will help the Indians in the WS vs. the Cubs but that's the only advantage any team possibly has against them.