Gamethread: Sox vs Orioles

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 07:29 PM)
Man on third one, one out.

When we inevitably didn't score, my thoughts were more along the lines of "at least we had a baserunner" than anything else.

Maybe Saladino can be something after all?

He's been something all along. Its just that people like you who just want to trash the team all the time can't accept that.

I swear to god if Avi f***ing head fakes us all and ends up with a decent slash line (say 265/320/430) so we still really don't know what we have in him...

It would just like him and the Sox to put together a total fluke of a second half so they bring him back next year on the 25 man.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
I swear to god if Avi f***ing head fakes us all and ends up with a decent slash line (say 265/320/430) so we still really don't know what we have in him...

It would just like him and the Sox to put together a total fluke of a second half so they bring him back next year on the 25 man.

f*** that, we have seen him go on streaks before.

I'm not getting rid of Avi at the end of the season. I want a new coaching staff and I want him at AAA working on approach and consistent new swing. We don't have to release him. He's young enough that he could be at AAA working on that and just hope he turns out to be a late bloomer like a JD Martinez.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
Hahn has to be the worst GM the Sox ever had.

He's getting there certainly. It's a shame because I like the guy. I've agreed with most of his moves they just haven't worked. It's getting to the point where I'm hoping they stood pat with the exception of the Duke trade because there's going to be sweeping changes. Wishful thinking but I'm hoping.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
He's getting there certainly. It's a shame because I like the guy. I've agreed with most of his moves they just haven't worked. It's getting to the point where I'm hoping they stood pat with the exception of the Duke trade because there's going to be sweeping changes. Wishful thinking but I'm hoping.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. The KW/Hahn machine put this organization in a horrible spot for various reasons throughout the years. It is time for some wholesale changes. The problem is, I just cannot imagine JR making these moves at this stage of his life. Anyone notice that he no longer discusses whitesox baseball with the media? Is it pure avoidance or does he truly accept the status quo? If it is the status quo, he needs to sell his majority share now.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)

Though it seems like wishful thinking - a little birdie told me that it could actually happen.